Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] footballweekend@nocrap.1 is offline

Default Dummy Award of the Month

We picked up one of these battery powered LED strobe lights they were
selling for Halloween. They were selling at the dollar store for $5
before Halloween and now were marked down to $2.

Basically they are just a bright LED flashlight that has variable speed
flashing, and has adjustible speed by turning a knob.
It came with the batteries included, which requires removing a tiny
screw to get to the batteries.

While trying to determine what size batteries it uses by reading the
box, I found most of the writing on the box is a disclaimer which
consists of a lengthy paragraph. To summarize it, it says "Complies with
FCC rules and is designed to not cause tv or radio interference. Then it
goes on to say that if it does cause interference, "relocate it".

**** [Now for the DUMMY PART] ****

If it still interferes, "Connect it to an outlet on a circuit different
from that to which the receiver is connected"......

WTF ?????
It's BATTERY OPERATED!
How can I plug it into a different outlet???

---

Yes, it's made in China. They probably dont even know what FCC means,
and apparently dont know the difference between a battery and an outlet!