Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nails are too short

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 06:08:07 -0500, wrote:

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

That's too much work. Turn the 2x4s 90º.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2015 4:44 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 06:08:07 -0500, wrote:

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

That's too much work. Turn the 2x4s 90º.

How the hell can he get 'em to ninety degrees? The oven?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 6:10:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

....cut the heads-off and use a brad punch to set them deeper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2015 06:44 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 06:08:07 -0500, wrote:

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

That's too much work. Turn the 2x4s 90º.

Yep

I agree, leave the nails as they are

and just use thinner boards
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

cut boards in half, nail first half on, then nail the second half on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:00:44 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

cut boards in half, nail first half on, then nail the second half on.

.... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:56:04 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaa, BEST answer of all!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:54:21 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:56:04 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaa, BEST answer of all!!!

Hey. I cut a 2x4 three times and it was still to short. So, I bought
a board stretcher...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

cut boards in half, nail first half on, then nail the second half on.

... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.

Fitting answer to the question. Not much $$ for 2 lbs. of right size nails.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 4:44:42 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

Fitting answer to the question. Not much $$ for 2 lbs. of right size nails.

You are too literal...this guy doesn't want a logical answer! (I realize you can't help yourself!) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Posted to alt.home.repair

... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.

I think I've seen these stretchers on a back shelf at Harbor Freight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 8:20:59 PM UTC-4, Steve Stone wrote:
... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.

I think I've seen these stretchers on a back shelf at Harbor Freight.

It must be a good sized shelf...

http://www.dsbiz.com/images/dollarstretch.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2015 8:20 PM, Steve Stone wrote:

... use a nail stretcher. On the same aisle as the dollar stretcher.

I think I've seen these stretchers on a back shelf at Harbor Freight.

I heard they were discontinued. You have to
ask the staff people, and insist on buying
one. They hate selling old models. But all
stores have a pallet full of em, just have
to keep insisting.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Colonel Edmund Burke wrote:

On 10/11/2015 4:44 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 06:08:07 -0500, wrote:

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

That's too much work. Turn the 2x4s 90º.

How the hell can he get 'em to ninety degrees? The oven?

BernzOmatic. He may find he won't need to use the nails at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 6:10:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I
only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut
the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape
them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to
the nails.

You could wait a wile until your nails grow out. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Keratin Monster

TV with short circuit - how do I find the short? news.verizon.net[_2_] Electronics Repair 19 October 15th 08 01:35 AM
A whole lot of nails Dave In Houston Woodworking Plans and Photos 9 November 17th 07 03:19 PM
Short firing -- how short is short? Ian Chard UK diy 2 December 11th 06 08:15 PM
2' Nails [email protected] UK diy 7 April 3rd 06 05:19 PM
Adiabatic short-circuit compliance on very short short-circuits Will Dean UK diy 17 August 23rd 05 12:03 PM