Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ballistic cord chaps for chainsaw users

Saw an interest segement on ATOH about safety chaps for chainsaw users.
Padded with ballistic (nylon? Kevlar?) cords that jam the saw blade once
they get drawn into the saw. The other side of the chap was unharmed. Very
effective and pretty cheap to make/own (I assume).

The also recommended full face, head and hearing protection. I definitely
use a full face mask for any kind of sawing (bought a few masks to store
with EVERY saw). I decided that was pretty cheap insurance after reading
posts here and elsewhere about horrific eye injuries that could have been
prevented by goggles or a mask. Also partly due to a rogue piece of plastic
pipe that shattered as I was sawing it.

They also showed a neat anti-squeak kit that included an interesting drill
guide and special screws. A depth gauge helps insert the screw so that the
pre-weakened break point is level with the top of the subfloor. Then the
tool turns on its side to break off the head of the screw (in this case
under the carpet). Sweet. Reminds me that there's nothing quite like "the
right tool for the job."

--
Bobby G.

Chaps my ass Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 18 August 18th 10 09:06 PM
OT-Ballistic car repair azotic Metalworking 3 November 15th 07 03:03 PM
BALLISTIC BUFFALO J T Woodworking 1 April 20th 07 04:07 AM
Anyone know the name of the shower head that you have to pull a cord to turn it on, and releaseing the cord turns it off? Brett Miller Home Repair 5 March 9th 06 06:14 AM
nail guns (ballistic hammer?) -- question larsen-tools Metalworking 27 October 22nd 03 09:29 AM