Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement wet bar: wiring and circuit questions

Hi,
I'm planning a wet bar in finishing my basement.
It will have a counter with a sink. No provision for a stove, nor automatic dishwasher.
It will need a greywater pump under the sink because I'm below the main drain.
Not clear on what NEC directs for circuits and wiring.
I believe this qualifies as a "similar area" to a kitchen (as specified in the NEC), so I know GFCI's required every 2ft. on the counter.

1. Will one 20amp circuit for these countertop outlets suffice? or do I need more?
2. Does it depend on the length of the countertop?
3. Do I need a dedicated circuit just for that pump under the sink? (the models I see at HomeDepot draw 8amps, if that makes any difference).
4. Anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks for your input.
Theodore.

Min circuit requirements for central vacuum motor in basement. Mikepier Home Repair 15 March 6th 13 02:45 PM
Wiring Basement Bond Home Repair 13 November 24th 06 01:01 AM
basement insulation questions [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 12th 05 02:22 AM
Routing cable from garage to basement for 20amp circuit... dean Home Repair 2 November 3rd 05 02:26 PM
wiring a basement turbo Home Repair 11 December 16th 04 01:29 AM