Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LONG Quarter cylinder defuser

On 9/27/2015 6:18 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I was thinking one pipe inside the other. (c The reflective
material would be on the two facing sides of the pipes. The lights
would be on the inside of the outside pipe. Indirect lighting.

Hmmm.... OK. I was thinking you were describing c)

Would the light bouncing between the two pipes be enough to get
rid of the pinpoint LED effect?

Possibly. But, I don't know how much light would end up "lost"
in the process. Ideally, I'd want light throwing directly across
the hall from a reflector *through* a diffuser. The (c suggests
that light might end up coming out along the ceiling and along the
*adjacent* wall (instead of opposing wall)

I've found another (outdoor!) application -- light bar recessed in
undeside of exposed lintel spanning garage door to illuminate the
driveway -- so I'm incentivized to look more aggresively for a solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:09:26 -0500, Don Y
wrote:

[...]

I think I'm out of silly ideas for now..........at least about this.
Happy huntin'.