Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Technology rant

On 9/17/2015 7:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/17/2015 3:37 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/17/2015 2:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/17/2015 12:31 AM, Muggles wrote:

Over the last 10 years I've quit eating potatoes and bread and other
such carbs not because it's bad for me, but because I just didn't want
it any more. Don't get me wrong, I still like the occasional baked
potato, but I've opted for baked sweet potatoes, instead.

Good for you. I've been wanting to drop 15 to 20 pounds for a long time,
but just can't give up either of those for very long. Never met a carb I
didn't like.

There's a diet that works for some people called the Carbohydrate
Addicts diet. It doesn't do much for me since I'm not a carb addict
(physically), but it works for my husband. The bare bones of it is you
eat low carb for 2 meals a day, and your third meal you can eat anything
you want as long as it's within an hours time. There's a book by the
same title. It's totally not fair how quick my husband can lose weight
and eat anything he wants for dinner! It might be worth a look see for
you? He also looses weight quickly on a juice diet, too.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

YW! Last week he did the juice diet and dropped a couple inches in his
waist line. This week he's doing the carb diet and will do more veggies
vs meat. He says the juice diet is a jump start, and the carb diet can
be a more every day thing.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 10:03:45 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I did "The Prune Diet" once. It's very much like "The GoLYTELY® Diet" for weight loss. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prune Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2015 9:51 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Did you lose weight?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 10:13:02 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I lost weight immediately. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2015 10:32 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

lol that's what I thought.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Technology rant about ingrown toe nails

Chris have you being see Doctor for Gout, the gout first place on you body
will attack big toes passible some swelling and hurts at same time and it
will
deforms nail, check it out.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

On 9/17/2015 12:12 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/16/2015 7:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
If the Doc tells you how to cure your self,
he loses the continuing income. I had this
problem with (several) podiatrists. I finally
looked on the computer, in my early days, and
found out the doctors were making it worse, and
presumably earning more of my money by that.

What sort of foot problem? Did you fix it yourself?

For no good reason, I was trimming the corners of my toes
back too far. (Common wisdom was to cut the big toe straight
across, which made no sense.) The big toes, the nail tends
to curl, and that puts pressure on the nail beds. Very
painful. The real answer is to quit trimming back so much.
The doctor solution is to cut the side off the toe nail. I
spent a lot of money on doctor visits, at $45 to $125 per
visit. And also had the "phenol treatment" to kill off the
roots which was $254 per toe nail. The phenol treatment
didn't work, both sides of both big toes came back. But
they grew in different directions. Now, I have to use
cuticle trimmers to cut the far back corner of the toe
nails that grow wrong. At odd moments of the week, one
or more corners of the big toes will hurt for a few
minutes, just to remind me.

It's not fixed. it's a continuing problem, likely for the
rest of my life. In large part, my ignorance. And in large
part, the podiatrists who never once told me any thing
about toe nail trimming. I learned about the sides and
nails curling by reading the internet, in my dial up days.

I've considered malpractice suit, but I'd expect them to
come to court and provide falsified records about all the
times they tried to counsel me.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Technology rant (Stormy's hearing)

On 9/17/2015 12:18 PM, Muggles wrote:

I can't hear an equal amount of low and high tones and most of the
beginnings of words w/o the h.aids. When I have them in they are turned
up fairly loud and everything is loud including background noise
(motors, wind, air moving) Everything is jumbled together like one
gigantic mishmash of sound and I have to pick out the voices. I hear
sounds that I've never heard before and don't know what they are or
where they're coming from and have to ask someone what it is.
It's all frustrating.

Yep, that does sound madenning. Wish any thing
could be done about it, too.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2015 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/17/2015 6:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's not fixed. it's a continuing problem, likely for the
rest of my life. In large part, my ignorance. And in large

OUCH! Those ingrown nails do hurt a lot!

Yep, hurts both to have ingrowns, and also
don't enjoy the medical malpractice.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2015 2:54 PM, tony944 wrote:
Chris have you being see Doctor for Gout, the gout first place on you body
will attack big toes passible some swelling and hurts at same time and
it will
deforms nail, check it out.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

I've considered malpractice suit, but I'd expect them to
come to court and provide falsified records about all the
times they tried to counsel me.

Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Nothing in my symptoms, or the rest of my life
suggests gout. Why would I check it out?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I did "The Prune Diet" once. It's very much like "The GoLYTELY® Diet" for weight loss. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prune Monster

Did you lose weight?

--
Maggie

I lost weight immediately. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

The ready mix plant started up...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 3:55:21 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I did "The Prune Diet" once. It's very much like "The GoLYTELY® Diet" for weight loss. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prune Monster

Did you lose weight?

--
Maggie

I lost weight immediately. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

The ready mix plant started up...

--
Tekkie

I had a camera shoved up my tailpipe again a few months ago and I drank a gallon of GoLYTELY® the day before and it turned me into a jetboat. If I'd been out in a lake I'll bet I could have hit 100 mph on the water, regardless of the hydrodynamic drag. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Jet Monster

OT Technology rant Muggles Home Repair 4 September 15th 15 05:25 PM
ot technology: sal[_2_] Woodworking 174 September 3rd 12 12:25 PM
Technology Changes Thinking, Can Your Thinking Change Technology? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 24th 06 07:56 AM
SiC Technology Atul Agrawal Electronics Repair 0 July 30th 05 08:15 PM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM