Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Technology rant

On 9/15/2015 3:40 AM, noname wrote:
On 09/14/2015 04:23 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
It's a nice service and good idea but it doesn't work for traditional
land lines from AT&T or the VoIP service from magicJack. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Phone Monster

I've not been following the situation but isn't AT&T trying to migrate
everyone to UVerse VoIP by 2020?....or do they still need to buy some
new regulations?

Last year I used to get email notices for someone elses Uverse monthly
bill. I tried multiple times to contact UVerse and tell them I was
getting someone elses bill via email. I called them, emailed them, went
to their website and sent in multiple complaints. FINALLY, I had enough
and decided to log into that UVerse account (since it was being sent TO
ME) and change the email notification email to (or
something to that affect), and I changed the users last name to "Idiot".

I NEVER got another email notice from UVerse for someone elses bill again!
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message
[...]

Why would you? It was a one time mistake (to you). You should have changed
it to ATT's President, or something.

Back when junk faxes were all too common, many of them had a number you
could call to opt out (why should you have to? Would they actually opt you
out? Your number certainly wouldn't be removed from the master list sold to
anyone who wanted it).

Then I noticed the phone tree included an option not just to opt out, but to
add fax numbers to receive future junk faxes. So I opted in the FCC fax
number and the state Attorney General's fax number.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/15/2015 10:20 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
"Muggles" wrote in message
[...]

DARN! I'll remember that the next time! Great idea.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message
[...]

yeah, but it didn't take long for that choice on the phone menu to be
removed. But I got the last laugh for a while.

ot technology: sal[_2_] Woodworking 174 September 3rd 12 12:25 PM
Old Technology David WE Roberts[_4_] UK diy 12 October 11th 11 05:00 PM
about rna technology bharath Electronics Repair 0 February 1st 10 12:56 PM
Technology Changes Thinking, Can Your Thinking Change Technology? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 24th 06 07:56 AM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM