Posted to alt.home.repair

Default best car warnings I've seen.

best car warnings I've seen. From http://www.readyremote.com/

DON'T go near yellow SRS airbag looms. Don't touch them! Cutting or
probing these wires may cause unintentional airbag deployment,
electrical system damage or injury**.

DON'T use any other testing tools besides the digital multimeter. No
test lights!

Use of a test light may cause unintentional deployment of vehicle
airbag, electrical system damage or injury.

DON'T crimp. Please solder all connections. Sound connections are
required for proper unit functioning.

Run your wires away from all moving parts and heat sources.

Read the entire manual and watch the entire video before starting.

Run wires only through holes that have rubber grommets. Failure to
comply may compromise wire insulation integrity.

Use a ring terminal for ground.

DON'T ground to a factory bolt - refer to the manual for proper
grounding.

**When I was taking out my glove compartment, I unknowingly separated
the yellow connector. Later I noticed the airbag light was always on,
but I'd done so many things, I didn't know why. But it turned out good,
because when I had my collision with the curb, the seatbelt was enough,
the airbag didn't deploy, and I didn't have to pay for a new one. I did
reconnect it though, when I learned what a yellow connector meant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 19:37:59 -0400, micky
wrote:

best car warnings I've seen.

Best I've seen for fixing airbag warning light is to disconnect the
battery first. Then unplug the wire to the steering colum, Do it wrong
and mess around the bag will explode.

It is a good warning.

Ink warnings Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 3 April 20th 15 08:39 PM
Ink warnings Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 0 April 20th 15 02:32 PM
Ink warnings Brian Gaff[_2_] UK diy 0 April 20th 15 08:07 AM
Ink warnings harryagain[_2_] UK diy 0 April 20th 15 07:40 AM
Two warnings and a tip. Arch Woodturning 13 April 13th 07 02:44 AM