Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Downdraft range vents

Friend of mine is buying a home that has a defective downdraft range vent. Problem is the motor that raises and lowers the assembly appears to be burned out. Double question.

- Are these generally repairable?

- Are they universal so that alternate brands can be swapped in relatively easy?

Bottom line is I've never dealt with one of these before. Asking here now so I can pass along recommendations on whether to call an electrican for repair or replacement.