Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screen Door Closer

I own a Wright Products V2000BL Screen Door Closer

I installed a NEW jamb bracket 1/4" from the door, attached the closer to the jamb bracket with the connecting pin and attached the other connecting pin to the EXISTING door bracket.

When the door is closed, the jamb bracket connecting pin is 2 inches from the nearest end of the piston cylinder. When the door is open 90 degrees, the jamb bracket connecting pin is 8 inches from the nearest end of the piston cylinder.

Should I move the door bracket nearer to the door jamb? How many inches should I move it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:33:27 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

I own a Wright Products V2000BL Screen Door Closer

I installed a NEW jamb bracket 1/4" from the door, attached the closer to the jamb bracket with the connecting pin and attached the other connecting pin to the EXISTING door bracket.

When the door is closed, the jamb bracket connecting pin is 2 inches from the nearest end of the piston cylinder. When the door is open 90 degrees, the jamb bracket connecting pin is 8 inches from the nearest end of the piston cylinder.

Should I move the door bracket nearer to the door jamb? How many inches should I move it?

RTFB! Same as before.

Quit posting the same question in two different threads!

Sheesh.