Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Look up phone number

Anyone have a link for a free reverse phone lookup service that works? It's
a cell phone. I tried Google and only got dead ends and non-free
information offers.

Seems I found one years ago but don't remember more.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try 411.com or a general search. For crank calls
you can also check whocallsme.com and whycall.me.
Those two sites list info based on contributions from
people visiting the site.

Aside from that, there's not much you can do. Phone
spam has become so bad that many people no longer
list their number. Cellphone numbers were never listed
in the first place and people tend to protect that
privacy. If it's not in the phone book there's no reason
to expect you'll find it online.

I've always been curious about the paid versions, but
as I understand it, companies pay a great deal of money
to data merchants like Lexus Nexis, so I don't expect the
results from a cheap service would be very impressive.
And of course, you're then asking the fox about the
other hens. The service might just charge you money
and then add all of *your* private info to the database
they resell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 1:06:34 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
Try 411.com or a general search. For crank calls
you can also check whocallsme.com and whycall.me.
Those two sites list info based on contributions from
people visiting the site.

I tried my number with whocallsme.com...it gave a city over 3 hrs away? I'm not holding you responsible though...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 1:24:22 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 1:06:34 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
Try 411.com or a general search. For crank calls
you can also check whocallsme.com and whycall.me.
Those two sites list info based on contributions from
people visiting the site.

I tried my number with whocallsme.com...it gave a city over 3 hrs away? I'm not holding you responsible though...

whycall.me worked perfectly!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2015 1:19 PM, KenK wrote:
Anyone have a link for a free reverse phone lookup service that works? It's
a cell phone. I tried Google and only got dead ends and non-free
information offers.

Seems I found one years ago but don't remember more.

TIA

Most free databases and/or online searches will provide an exact address
"IF" the number is already listed, otherwise, it will simply display a
general location and possibly the provider if it's a cell phone.

White Pages reverse look-up was pretty good in the past, but now it
reverts to PeopleFinders.com who wants money along with other similar
databases. Though, in many cases, an adamant searcher can discover much
with basic Google searches. Many people stop after the first pages of
Google but don't realize the next several pages can offer what they seek.

The better databases are those which are used by government, law
enforcement, PIs, etc. and still require payment depending on type of
account. They will provide the info sought regardless of it being listed
or not. In fact, some will provide past residence, age, work history,
property ownership, relatives and much more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Jul 2015 17:19:02 GMT, KenK wrote:

Anyone have a link for a free reverse phone lookup service that works? It's
a cell phone. I tried Google and only got dead ends and non-free
information offers.

Seems I found one years ago but don't remember more.

TIA

Cell phones are virtually imune to reverse 411 apps - and if you ask
information (411) for a cell number, they cannot provide it except for
very rare cases (if the cell number is listed in a yellow pages
listing is one very rare example)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Jul 2015 17:19:02 GMT, KenK wrote:

Anyone have a link for a free reverse phone lookup service that works? It's
a cell phone. I tried Google and only got dead ends and non-free
information offers.

Seems I found one years ago but don't remember more.

TIA

Ken,

Do you know a law enforcement officer? A small conversation can turn
into finding a person, BTDT
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Jul 2015 17:19:02 GMT, KenK wrote:

Anyone have a link for a free reverse phone lookup service that works? It's
a cell phone. I tried Google and only got dead ends and non-free
information offers.

What part of google did you try?

The web search engine? Usually that works very well for spam callers.

Seems I found one years ago but don't remember more.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote:
Anyone have a link for a free reverse phone lookup service that works? It's
a cell phone. I tried Google and only got dead ends and non-free
information offers.

Seems I found one years ago but don't remember more.

TIA

Cell phones seem hard to find, I'm glad. As far as lookup, been using
switchboard for 15 years.

Greg

OT - Free phone number look up Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 4 December 30th 14 03:19 AM
OT - Free phone number look up micky Home Repair 0 December 29th 14 04:37 PM
How to reset phone line so that it doesn't withhold the phone number NoSpam UK diy 5 November 17th 11 06:11 PM
BT Phone Number Martin Carroll UK diy 21 November 21st 07 04:48 PM
find out your phone number by dial several numbers on the phone. [email protected] Home Repair 13 November 1st 07 12:19 AM