Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will Al Sharpton protest Google?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...llas/29567465/

SAN FRANCISCO €” Google has apologized after its new Photos application
identified black people as "gorillas."

On Sunday Brooklyn programmer Jacky Alciné tweeted a screenshot of
photos he had uploaded in which the app had labeled Alcine and a friend,
both African American, "gorillas."

Image recognition software is still a nascent technology but its use is
spreading quickly. Google launched its Photos app at Google I/O in May,
touting its machine-learning smarts to recognize people, places and
events on its own.

Yontan Zunger, an engineer and the company's chief architect of Google+,
responded swiftly to Alciné on Twitter: "This is 100% Not OK." And he
promised that Google's Photos team was working on a fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Jul 2015 18:10:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...llas/29567465/

SAN FRANCISCO — Google has apologized after its new Photos application
identified black people as "gorillas."

On Sunday Brooklyn programmer Jacky Alciné tweeted a screenshot of
photos he had uploaded in which the app had labeled Alcine and a friend,
both African American, "gorillas."

Image recognition software is still a nascent technology but its use is
spreading quickly. Google launched its Photos app at Google I/O in May,
touting its machine-learning smarts to recognize people, places and
events on its own.

Yontan Zunger, an engineer and the company's chief architect of Google+,
responded swiftly to Alciné on Twitter: "This is 100% Not OK." And he
promised that Google's Photos team was working on a fix.

Why is the "Photos" team working on a fix? They got it right.
Unfortunately PETA is going to get ****ed off for the gorilla getting
a bad rap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 5:10:03 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...llas/29567465/

SAN FRANCISCO -- Google has apologized after its new Photos application
identified black people as "gorillas."

On Sunday Brooklyn programmer Jacky Alciné tweeted a screenshot of
photos he had uploaded in which the app had labeled Alcine and a friend,
both African American, "gorillas."

Image recognition software is still a nascent technology but its use is
spreading quickly. Google launched its Photos app at Google I/O in May,
touting its machine-learning smarts to recognize people, places and
events on its own.

Yontan Zunger, an engineer and the company's chief architect of Google+,
responded swiftly to Alciné on Twitter: "This is 100% Not OK." And he
promised that Google's Photos team was working on a fix.

Jackson and Sharpton have probably already extorted money out of Google. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Google Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
[...]

---------

Google has so much secret info on those two it is THEY that will be paying
Google to keep quiet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 6:07:17 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:
[...]

That may be true of everyone since information is the greatest weapon of war. Hey, forget the banksters, it's Google running the world from behind the curtain. Black helicopters my butt, it's black network servers you must worry about. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Secret Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/15 6:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...llas/29567465/

SAN FRANCISCO €” Google has apologized after its new Photos application
identified black people as "gorillas."

On Sunday Brooklyn programmer Jacky Alciné tweeted a screenshot of
photos he had uploaded in which the app had labeled Alcine and a friend,
both African American, "gorillas."

Image recognition software is still a nascent technology but its use is
spreading quickly. Google launched its Photos app at Google I/O in May,
touting its machine-learning smarts to recognize people, places and
events on its own.

Yontan Zunger, an engineer and the company's chief architect of Google+,
responded swiftly to Alciné on Twitter: "This is 100% Not OK." And he
promised that Google's Photos team was working on a fix.

I pulled up some gorilla pics to refresh my memory. I don't see any
points of similarity.

Is it coincidence that the person who tweeted the photo of herself is a
programmer? Has she been monkeying with the software?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 05:12:37 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

[...]

If you look at some of the baby gorillas they do have a more human
looking facial features
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm an old silver back, for years, gals have called me a gorilla. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ape Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Jul 2015 18:00:40 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

[...]

One side-benefit of threads like this is that they make it possible to
identify the ass-holes like you.

Unfortunately PETA is going to get ****ed off for the gorilla getting
a bad rap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2015 05:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...llas/29567465/

SAN FRANCISCO €” Google has apologized after its new Photos application identified black people as "gorillas."

Seems like an honest mistake. Even Dubya resembles our ancestors.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...ushmonkey3.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 08:44:12 -0400, Upstart
wrote:

One side-benefit of threads like this is that they make it possible to
identify the ass-holes like you.

That's how I identified you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I pulled up baby gorilla pics and didn't see any points if similarity.

I was mistaken. Alciné is the guy in the background. His Google+ page
is public. He uses a comical, maybe photoshopped, pic of his face for
his avatar (if that's what it's called). He's witty and likes to poke
fun at systems, such as iOS.

Google's solution was to remove GORILLA from its tags. I think he fooled
the artificial intelligence by uploading other pics of the girl and
choosing the gorilla tag. Maybe he even told the app this pic should be
tagged as as a gorilla. Then he tweeted, "Google Photos, y’all f**ked
up. My friend’s not a gorilla."

I'll bet he did not foresee that the media would turn it into a story of
pervasive racism at Google.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/03/2015 03:12 AM, J Burns wrote:
I pulled up some gorilla pics to refresh my memory. I don't see any
points of similarity.

Is it coincidence that the person who tweeted the photo of herself is a
programmer? Has she been monkeying with the software?

Google was having problems with dogs, seals, and horses too so I don't
think so. (I'll ignore the pun) You have to remember it's a computer
algorithm. Pick up some biometrics and start looking for a best match.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Trans-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks infesting the mainstream press look for racism everywhere and in everything. If they can't find it they'll fabricate it. It's like my Southern Baptist cousins searching for sin in all things and activities. They don't let the truth get in the way. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Honky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/3/15 6:22 PM, Frank wrote:
Now speaking of apes:

http://clashdaily.com/2015/04/black-...-of-the-apes/#

A popup box said to click "like." Closing it brought a popunder
purporting to be a Time Warner survey. It was not Time Warner but a
device for throwing shoddy ads. I'm suspicious that some darned white
people may be behind it, creating disorder on the WWW!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/3/2015 7:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm half Italian too. Being half Italian is like being half black.

I was doing some repair work for a restaurant and talking with the chef who was from Italy. When I told him I was half Italian, he said,"No, you all Italian".
Perhaps it has something to do with dominant genes? O_o

My wife is half Italian, but the other half seems to have been lost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/03/2015 03:30 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Aw Heck! I lost out because I'm half Italian and half Hillbilly.

An Italian organ grinder and his monkey go into a tough Irish bar....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 8:12:16 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/3/2015 7:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm half Italian too. Being half Italian is like being half black.

I was doing some repair work for a restaurant and talking with the chef who was from Italy. When I told him I was half Italian, he said,"No, you all Italian".
Perhaps it has something to do with dominant genes? O_o

My wife is half Italian, but the other half seems to have been lost.

I'm everyone's cousin because Italians and Hillbillies will mate with anything. I remember from back when I was a wee boy that I had an aaaaaaunt. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sheep Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Muggles
wrote:

I like Italian food! Does that count for anything?
--
Maggie

As long as it's made from real Italians. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Cannibal Monster

Only the best ingredients will do!

Soylent Green Alfredo anyone?
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2015 11:18 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , Muggles
wrote:

I like Italian food! Does that count for anything?
--
Maggie

As long as it's made from real Italians. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Cannibal Monster

Only the best ingredients will do!

Soylent Green Alfredo anyone?

I'm not an alfredo fan. I'd rather have tomato & meat sauce with fresh
mushrooms.

--
Maggie

Al Sharpton's Head ATP Metalworking 0 October 5th 12 02:14 AM
MARCH ON DC TO PROTEST SPENDING William Wixon Metalworking 1 September 16th 09 05:20 PM
Is there ANYBODY alive enough to protest this? Piss on OT. Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 40 May 29th 08 07:31 AM
Is there ANYBODY alive enough to protest this? Piss on OT. henry Woodworking 3 May 26th 08 11:26 PM