Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Three days to cut down a tree.

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.slack,uk.rec.driving

"micky" wrote in message ...

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

In Nam when a tree needed cutting, I just pulled out my .50 cal and let 'er
rip, sailor.
Ahh, Nam-- Them's the good ol' daze.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:31:18 -0400, micky
wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Remarkable. Wish he had given the cost of that job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:
Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

That was an exceedingly interesting video. It is amazing how little uncut
wood it took to support the still sizeable remainder on the final cut.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.online-service.webtv,alt.slack

"micky" wrote in message ...

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

http://www.bastinda.com/pics/79.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him . At one
point he comments that he'll never use them again .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him . At one
point he comments that he'll never use them again .

Exactly. This guy is a professional arborist. Victor calls 'em
"fools." This tree was one his top 5 challenges to remove.

Were it me, I'd not be standing on that chimney, in case it gave way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him . At one
point he comments that he'll never use them again .

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him . At one
point he comments that he'll never use them again .

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Real men take a risk, earn money and drive Fords. The crew gets an
hourly wage. They volunteer for the risk and have insurance.

Ever heard of brass balls?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him .
At one point he comments that he'll never use them again .

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Son , I've been around the block once or twice , and I saw nothing unsafe
about the way they did this job . They were probably in more danger on their
way to work .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him .
At one point he comments that he'll never use them again .

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Real men take a risk, earn money and drive Fords. The crew gets an
hourly wage. They volunteer for the risk and have insurance.

Ever heard of brass balls?

His mommy keeps his balls in her purse in an old Chivas bag , along with
her stash . And they ain't brass , more likely Pla-Doh .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:19:23 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Son , I've been around the block once or twice , and I saw nothing unsafe
about the way they did this job . They were probably in more danger on their
way to work .

....or a black cast iron skillet hurled down the hall as you are pinned
at the end of the hall. Your only defense is a gallon jug of white
milk.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dbp dbp is offline

On 6/18/2015 1:27 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:17:19 -0500, Vic Smith.

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Real men take a risk, earn money and drive Fords. The crew gets an
hourly wage. They volunteer for the risk and have insurance.

Ever heard of brass balls?

Wow, we meet the toughest people on the internetz.

FWIW, it's damn hard to make a living when laid up in a hospital bed.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.slack,uk.rec.driving

"NEMO" wrote in message ...

On 6/18/2015 6:17 AM, Colon Edmud Jackass Burchese wrote:
"micky" wrote in message

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

In Nam when a tree needed cutting, I just pulled out my .50 cal and let
'er rip, sailor.
Ahh, Nam-- Them's the good ol' daze.

Gosh Coloon! Were there a LOT of trees outside the Palais d'Amour on
Avenue Trang Nguyen in Ho Chi Minh City? LOLOK

I'd tell if there was, but since I'm C.I.A., I'll just make you BLOW ME
instead!
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Three days to cut down a tree. 30 minute video.

Craine company backs out after first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznKUoCsaUs

Those guys were fools. Should have used a crane until it was down.
That chimney could have let loose at any time, with no warning.

If you listen , you'll figure out the crane company bailed on him . At one
point he comments that he'll never use them again .

I woudn't either. But he doesn't say anything about trying to hire
another crane for the next day.

If I were the arborist, I would have brought out the owner, who would
have said to the crane guy, "If you had never been here, you'd be okay,
but you lifted the tree up, and if you let it down, there's no reason to
think it will just settle where it was this morning. It may come
tumbling down taking the chimney and part of the house with it. And I
will be holding you and your crane company liable for all of that. and
all the consequential damages.

So why don't you stick around tonight and tomorrow and fulfill the
commitment you made when you hooked up this morning."

I think it's a fair position for the owner to take.

I would expect the owner of such a fancy house knows how to talk tough,
but if he doesn't, the arborist could have said these things.

Except for the guy who chose to stand on the chimney (How did he get
there?) I don't think the men were in any particular danger. But the
crane should have stayed there to keep the house safe.

BTW, that little 40 foot tree that I had hanging over my back yard rose
up to about 15 feet when I cut off the top 25 feet of the tree. A
miniature version of this, but not touching the house. (My neighbor
eventually got someone to get rid of the remaining 14 feet.)

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:08:09 -0500, dbp wrote:

On 6/18/2015 1:27 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:17:19 -0500, Vic Smith.

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Real men take a risk, earn money and drive Fords. The crew gets an
hourly wage. They volunteer for the risk and have insurance.

Ever heard of brass balls?

Wow, we meet the toughest people on the internetz.

FWIW, it's damn hard to make a living when laid up in a hospital bed.

You do know this is a professional arborist. On the job, directing his
crew. Telling them yes / no - do it this way. Never saw him claim
being a tough guy. Anywhere.

There are three (3) ways to skin a cat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/18/2015 1:27 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:17:19 -0500, Vic Smith.

I heard that. Not a good reason to risk the lives of your men.

Real men take a risk, earn money and drive Fords. The crew gets an
hourly wage. They volunteer for the risk and have insurance.

Ever heard of brass balls?

Wow, we meet the toughest people on the internetz.

FWIW, it's damn hard to make a living when laid up in a hospital bed.

You do know this is a professional arborist. On the job, directing his
crew. Telling them yes / no - do it this way. Never saw him claim
being a tough guy. Anywhere.

There are three (3) ways to skin a cat.

I'd defer to the people who have experience with removing downed trees. I can't be critical of those fellas because they seemed to be well aware of the weight limitations of their bucket truck. It made perfect to remove the tree in manageable chunks rather than a long section that could swing out of control and hit the house. My brother has had several trees fall on his home up on the mountain including one that fell and poked a 6 inch diameter limb through the roof and living room ceiling. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Tree Monster