Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is grape vine OK to burn?

On Sunday, April 20, 1997 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Tomes wrote:
I have recently bought a home in NJ that has plenty of poison ivy and
'grape vines' running up the rather tall trees, weighing them down
menacingly. I have cut through the bases of all of these vines, and am
looking at these 5 inch diameter, long pieces of grape vine that would
appear to be plenty of nice firewood. (I know how to handle the poison
ivy.) I have also seen this type of 'wood' at many camping locations
too, but never trusted it there either. The question is: How does this
burn? OK or is there something amiss about it?

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to get these vines down from the
trees? I figure that stopping the upflow of water will dry them out and
make them lighter on and easier for the trees to carry, but I still want
to pull them off - they look bad, and I want to free the trees from them
once and for all.

Thanks,
Mark Toman

i have access to tons of grape trucks from a commercial vineyard and am concerned about burning them with respect to the chemicals they have been treated with
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sunday, April 20, 1997 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Tomes wrote:
I have recently bought a home in NJ

1997? Not very recently, it seems.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 12:23:07 PM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
On Sunday, April 20, 1997 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Tomes wrote:
I have recently bought a home in NJ

1997? Not very recently, it seems.

--
Bobby G.

The bank has probably foreclosed on the place by now. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Bank Monster