Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cncrouter and grape design

My husband has a cnc router and we are looking for the grape and vine
clip art that is used a lot on the backs of benches. We always see
this design especcially around amish country. Does anyone know where I
can get it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

She in PA wrote:
My husband has a cnc router and we are looking for the grape and vine
clip art that is used a lot on the backs of benches. We always see
this design especcially around amish country. Does anyone know where I
can get it?

I suspect you can find something you like at the site below. Notice that
they sell whole packages of related patterns for what I think is a fair
price (most seem to be $8-$12)). I have no affiliation.

http://www.carvingpatterns.com/product_p/cp068.htm

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 25, 12:06*am, She in PA wrote:
My husband has a cnc router and we are looking for the grape and vine
clip art that is used a lot on the backs of benches. We always see
this design especcially around amish country. Does anyone know where I
can get it?

If it is dimensional (3D) art you're after, here is some:
http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm?q=grapes

If it is just flat (2.5D?) for v-carving, then any vector grape bunch
will do. Shutterstock offers good deals.
Or you make your own in Illustrator.

If you have a photograph of what you have in mind, send it to me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 25, 12:06*am, She in PA wrote:
My husband has a cnc router and we are looking for the grape and vine
clip art that is used a lot on the backs of benches. We always see
this design especcially around amish country. Does anyone know where I
can get it?

One solution - take a picture of the design you like. Use some photo-
editing software to sharpen the edges, increase the contrast, reduce
the number of colors - even "distort" the image or change the
proportions.

When we did our Rooster outline for the design on our deck (facing
roosters on the gates), I basically did the same thing. Print the
result out and take it to a Staples or other Print Center and have
them blow it up to the exact size you want/need.

I did this for the scroll work thingy I used across the entrance to
the chicken yard - came out fine.