Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I get rid of bumble bees under ground?

On Monday, June 24, 2002 at 12:44:56 PM UTC-4, Christopher wrote:
I've discovered two bumble bee nests (or possibly one huge one) right
next to my house. One entrance is under the driveway where it enters
the garage, and under the walk right by the front door. The two
entrances are about thirty feet apart and because of their locations
the bees must be destroyed.

I've tried blasting the holes with wasp and hornet killer several
times and it doesn't seem to make a difference. There is no bee
killer that I've found. I've also flooded the holes a few times a day
with a hose. The only good that seems to do is keep out bees that are
returning to the nest. Once the hose is off and the water has soaked
into the ground it's back to business for them as usual. Can't burn
them out because the entrances are right next to the house.

I've heard of using soapy water but I'm not sure what the mixture
ratio should be and dumping a bucket full down the hole doesn't seem
like it would do much good if the hose doesn't work.

Any ideas, other than calling an exterminator?

I had a yellow jacket nest in my front yard years ago. My then young son stumbled across it and got severely stung; no lasting damage, thankfully.
The next evening, I poured gasoline down their entry hole and dropped in a match. No more problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 8:36:36 PM UTC-4, Pavel314 wrote:
[...]

no matchneeded the hydrocarbons kill everything.

its best to put the gas in a bucket for a quick kill and escape
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 10:18:15 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
[...]

I always use the wasp-spray aerosol can that works from a distance. It will shoot a stream of instant acting insecticide more than 20 feet. ^_^

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Raid-Wasp-....5-oz/11027619

[8~{} Uncle Bug Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/14/2015 08:36 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
[...]

I get these little *******s every year so I built a horizontal box fan on wheels with a 10 foot conduit handle.
Just roll the box fan over the nest entrance and let it run for a day or so. Problem solved.

Bumble (and other) bees under ground [email protected] Home Repair 23 July 5th 15 01:45 AM
Ground bees Jim Home Repair 30 August 30th 07 10:36 PM
Bumble bees under shed problem? Mal Jackson UK diy 11 August 12th 07 12:04 AM
Bees in the ground? HomeDecoy Home Repair 97 September 25th 06 10:49 PM
Hovering Bumble Bees Bert Byfield Home Repair 18 May 14th 06 12:51 AM