Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire strippers

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 9:57:33 PM UTC-5, Gz wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:12:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 15:54:51 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

How do self adjusting wire strippers compare to the manual types ?

Thanks,
Andy

I like the cheapo flat metal ones for general use. You can adjust it
for wire size if you are doing the same size wire multiple times but
once you get the feel for it, you can strip wire with it wide open and
not nick the conductor.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...K-223-/22-3775

I have carried one in my tool bag for about 50 years

I have a Klein ergonomic soft handled stripper in my electrical tool bag
I've probably had for 10 to 15 years along with Ideal, Greenlee and other
Klien strippers. I bought the Ideal automatic wire stripper 30 years ago
when I was making hundreds of #14 stranded connections in fire alarm and
control panels. It's funny how long cutting and stripping tools will last
when you keep them away from idiots who think they're for cutting nails,
screws, hanger and piano wire. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ideal Monster

I have a Klein multi tool. It never was right. I had to do some filling to
get the thing better aligned.

Greg

Are you referring to the tool that strips wire and shears screws too? 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Multi Monster

Yep, and crimps.

Greg

Wire strippers Uncle Monster[_2_] Home Repair 1 June 9th 15 06:37 PM
Thermal Wire Strippers tonkski[_2_] UK diy 3 July 13th 10 02:58 AM
Cheap wallpaper strippers BodgeIt UK diy 6 September 12th 09 08:07 PM
varnish strippers g Home Repair 14 December 10th 06 11:12 PM
FA : Ends Tonight. Teledyne Thermal Wire Strippers & Weller WTL1000 Oly Electronics Repair 0 November 24th 03 03:19 PM