Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire strippers

On 2015-06-09, J Burns wrote:

On 6/8/15 11:11 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Are you referring to the tool that strips wire and shears screws too? 8-)

I've had one of those since the 1970s. I don't know what brand it is,

Klein makes this one:

http://tinyurl.com/ouzydsc

It's a bit like mine, and I like the yellow markings!

Like all multi-tools, each function is a compromise. If that is what
you want, fine by me. A decent "multi-tool", BUT! ....the Ideal
T-Strippers are better wire strippers.

nb

I like it! They even have a model for stranded wire. How are the
looping holes used?

The looping holes are used for bending a "U" shape in the end of solid wire like #14 #12 #10 so it will fit under the screw on outlets and switches. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Bent Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-06-09, J Burns wrote:

On 6/8/15 11:11 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Are you referring to the tool that strips wire and shears screws too? 8-)

I've had one of those since the 1970s. I don't know what brand it is,

Klein makes this one:

http://tinyurl.com/ouzydsc

It's a bit like mine, and I like the yellow markings!

Like all multi-tools, each function is a compromise. If that is what
you want, fine by me. A decent "multi-tool", BUT! ....the Ideal
T-Strippers are better wire strippers.

nb

I like it! They even have a model for stranded wire. How are the
looping holes used?

The looping holes are used for bending a "U" shape in the end of solid wire like #14 #12 #10 so it will fit under the screw on outlets and switches. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Bent Monster

Now I can throw away my needlenose pliers!

Use and recommendations for chemical strippers Doug Hortvet Woodworking 12 July 9th 12 03:29 AM
Thermal Wire Strippers tonkski[_2_] UK diy 3 July 13th 10 02:58 AM
Cheap wallpaper strippers BodgeIt UK diy 6 September 12th 09 08:07 PM
varnish strippers g Home Repair 14 December 10th 06 11:12 PM
FA : Ends Tonight. Teledyne Thermal Wire Strippers & Weller WTL1000 Oly Electronics Repair 0 November 24th 03 03:19 PM