Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Heater Pilot

I live near in area where we routninely have significant wind gusts.
Several times a year, our gas water heater pilot light will be "blown
out", due to the wind going Down our roof vent exhaust pipe.

Is there an item, that I can install, likely on the top of that vent
pipe, to prevent that "downward air flow" ?

I am REAL sick of cold showers, and re-lighting that damn pilot
light!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 1:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I live near in area where we routninely have significant wind gusts.
Several times a year, our gas water heater pilot light will be "blown
out", due to the wind going Down our roof vent exhaust pipe.

Is there an item, that I can install, likely on the top of that vent
pipe, to prevent that "downward air flow" ?

I am REAL sick of cold showers, and re-lighting that damn pilot
light!

I've installed automatic relight kits on problem units before and the units work very well. You may find a better price with a little searching. 8-)

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pfqshfw

[8~{} Uncle Pilot Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 4:30:25 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 1:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I live near in area where we routninely have significant wind gusts.
Several times a year, our gas water heater pilot light will be "blown
out", due to the wind going Down our roof vent exhaust pipe.

Is there an item, that I can install, likely on the top of that vent
pipe, to prevent that "downward air flow" ?

I am REAL sick of cold showers, and re-lighting that damn pilot
light!

I've installed automatic relight kits on problem units before and the units work very well. You may find a better price with a little searching. 8-)

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pfqshfw

[8~{} Uncle Pilot Monster

How does that thing work? All the WH pilot lights I've seen,
you have to hold the valve button down to get it to light.
I'm guessing it detects the flame going out and re-lights
it immediately, before the thermocouple cools off and the
valve closes? Interesting device, I never knew they existed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 5:39:33 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I installed most of them on furnaces that had standing pilots but newer gas furnaces which have no standing pilot essentially already have it in the form of an electronic igniter. I've also installed them on some water heaters too and I'd get 24vac off the furnace if it was close by but some were far away from the furnace and the relighter can also use 120vac. Older rooftop HVAC units have a standing pilot and high winds can often blow them out so that's where I installed most of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Pilot Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monsters web site url did not work!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 9:41:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Uncle Monsters web site url did not work!!

You must scroll down when you get to the tinyurl preview and click on where you see, "Proceed to this site." and you will be taken to the requested site. If you read about Tinyurl you will learn it's purpose, why many people use it and why the preview feature is used when posting a link to a newsgroup. When someone uses the tinyurl preview it's so you can see the address of the site before it's redirected. The reason for this is because some people will use a tiny URL for sending you to a dangerous site full of malware. I'm posting a link to the site below. 8-)

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Robertsha...ot-Relight-Kit

Read about tinyurl.com and be enlightened. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/

https://tinyurl.com/

[8~{} Uncle URL Monster

Gas Hot Water Heater Pilot Dave C[_3_] Home Repair 6 November 20th 14 03:30 PM
water heater pilot jet engineman Metalworking 43 February 20th 14 06:16 PM
water heater pilot HankC Home Repair 8 May 18th 07 04:53 PM
Hot Water Heater Pilot Ray DeVoe Home Repair 8 September 12th 06 10:33 AM
pilot going out in water heater Jeff Home Repair 8 June 7th 05 01:01 PM