Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Odd: Earthworm herds form on road in Eisenhower State Park in Texas

....after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:
...after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3

Weird. All in center of road would appear that there were a lot more
out of center that met their worm maker in traffic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 15:23:25 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 6/5/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:
...after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3

Weird. All in center of road would appear that there were a lot more
out of center that met their worm maker in traffic.

Makes me wonder why they were not scooped up and sold for bait or put
into a lawn or garden. Worms are expensive
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/5/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:
...after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3

Weird. All in center of road would appear that there were a lot more
out of center that met their worm maker in traffic.

Makes me wonder why they were not scooped up and sold for bait or put
into a lawn or garden. Worms are expensive

Never bought any but see they are maybe $40/1300 at Amazon.

Still learning new things in my dotage years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 1:02:36 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
...after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3

Imagine a car skidding on those squirmy worms. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Slimy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015 16:40:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 1:02:36 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
...after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3

Imagine a car skidding on those squirmy worms. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Slimy Monster

I used to harvest frogs on the road, drowning from 10 inches of rain.

I passed on walking catfisnh in parking lots. It's my swampbilly
experience.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Uncle Monster:
Imagine a car skidding on those squirmy worms. o_O

When I and my college roommate were driving through Everglades National
Park in the evening we were running over so many snakes that skidding
was clearly a potential problem.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 8:09:08 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Uncle Monster:
Imagine a car skidding on those squirmy worms. o_O

When I and my college roommate were driving through Everglades National
Park in the evening we were running over so many snakes that skidding
was clearly a potential problem.
--
Pete Cresswell

It just goes to show you that the ground under your feet is alive and teeming with life. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Dirty Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2015 9:00 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 8:09:08 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Uncle Monster:
Imagine a car skidding on those squirmy worms. o_O

When I and my college roommate were driving through Everglades National
Park in the evening we were running over so many snakes that skidding
was clearly a potential problem.
--
Pete Cresswell

It just goes to show you that the ground under your feet is alive and teeming with life. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Dirty Monster

It kind of reminds me of the War of the Worlds movie. The virus was
responsible for saving mankind. Life as it's most basic - good or bad.

The movie never really said what virus it was that ended up killing the
aliens, but I thought it was profound how something we don't really
think about unless it threatens our health could actually save us one day.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 9:09:21 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
[...]

There is research going on right now on a virus that may be used to target cancer cells only. In the future, someone diagnosed with cancer may wind up needing just one injection to rid them of the disease. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Medical Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2015 9:26 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

That would be great, and I don't doubt that it'll eventually happen. I
hope sooner than later.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/5/2015 2:02 PM, Oren wrote:
...after floods recede

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4275950473001/receding-floodwaters-reveal-rarely-seen-natural-oddity/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/qg6ana3

Weird. All in center of road would appear that there were a lot more
out of center that met their worm maker in traffic.

Makes me wonder why they were not scooped up and sold for bait or put
into a lawn or garden. Worms are expensive

I had a rich friend who was dating a worm, and she said he was very
expensive.