Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioning options

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 08:13:08 -0400, micky
wrote:
What really bothers me about the third world
countries, the disasters, droughts and famines that
seem to constantly vex them is what happens to
the children. I have to change the channel when the
starving children ads come on TV. I only have one
heart to rip out. 8-(

I know how you feel. I've pretty much stopped
watching bad news. I can't do anything about
99.999999% of it and It makes my life a lot
better not to watch, not even to know details.

Same for me.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What really bothers me about the third world
countries, the disasters, droughts and famines that
seem to constantly vex them is what happens to
the children. I have to change the channel when the
starving children ads come on TV. I only have one
heart to rip out. 8-(

I know how you feel. I've pretty much stopped
watching bad news. I can't do anything about
99.999999% of it and It makes my life a lot
better not to watch, not even to know details.

Same for me.

--
rebel

It's precisely at times when the news is particularly bad
that it's most important to stay informed. Ignoring reality
very rarely produces good results.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What really bothers me about the third world
countries, the disasters, droughts and famines that
seem to constantly vex them is what happens to
the children. I have to change the channel when the
starving children ads come on TV. I only have one
heart to rip out. 8-(

I know how you feel. I've pretty much stopped
watching bad news. I can't do anything about
99.999999% of it and It makes my life a lot
better not to watch, not even to know details.

Same for me.

--
rebel

It's precisely at times when the news is particularly bad
that it's most important to stay informed. Ignoring reality
very rarely produces good results.

Reality has a way of not letting people ignore it. There's enough bad
news in the world without constantly filling my head with it. It's a
given that there will be bad news when I turn on the tv. What isn't a
given is when I accidentally bump into someone who's nice and can pass
on a smile or a kind word. That's the kind of news that's good for my
soul, I think, and a good investment of my time.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I've taken to taping, that is, recording, almost all the tv I watch.
Even if it's a live show, I start to record it, then go watch something
I've already recorded.

So I'll watch enough about a tragedy to know what happened, because it
takes almost that long to know I want to skip the story, and then use my
30-second skip enough times to get to another story. Like I know a
tornado overturned a ship in a Chinese river and almost everyone has
drowned, but I'm not going to watch scenes of people crying or
interviews.

I did enjoy the story about the AC unit as big as a trucking container
that fell from a crane in NYC Saturday or Sunday morning. A strap
broke, they said, and it fell 30 stories, ripping apart the front part
of several floors before landing in a cloud of dust on the sidewalk or
street. 10 injuries but none very serious. They had partially shut
the street, but the thing, two or three times the size of a car, plus
twice as tall, landed 30 feet in front of a couple in their car.

Air conditioning R D S[_2_] UK diy 34 August 4th 14 02:08 AM
When it comes to purchasing professional clothing or work wear formen, there are numerous options that are both attractive and appealing. A manhas needs when it comes to his work wear, just like a woman. Fashion designerstoday often provide options p [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 21st 08 05:45 AM
air conditioning options for an old house [email protected] Home Repair 11 August 17th 05 05:12 PM
Air Conditioning KTECH Home Repair 18 July 20th 05 01:20 PM
Air Conditioning uvadixiechicken Home Repair 6 July 26th 03 09:15 PM