Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will a microwave oven beep for eternity?

Will a microwave oven beep for eternity?

For me, beeping microwave ovens, as well as "door ajar" beepers in cars,
and anything else that keep beeping, is one of the most irritating
things in life. This is one reason I refuse to eat at McDonalds, since
it seems they have at least 5 or more beepers blaring at all times.

I have successfully removed the beepers from all my vehicles. But the
one in the Microwave has yet to be removed. For example, last Friday I
stuck a cup of water in my microwave oven, (for instant coffee), and
left the house minutes later. When I got home about 11 hoursd later,
that goddamn Microwave was still beeping at a rate of about 3 beeps
every 40 seconds. ANNOYING AS HELL! If it just beeped for 30 seconds
after it shut off, I'd not complain, but it's almost like the designers
of these products WANT to ANNOY people.

I guess it's time to open the box on my microwave and find which wire to
cut.....

I do wonder if I left it, if it really would beep for eternity? (or at
least till there was a power outage).....

New use for microwave oven [email protected] Metalworking 12 August 31st 14 04:54 PM
microwave oven Stephen[_6_] UK diy 24 August 15th 09 02:10 PM
Samsung Microwave & GE Microwave oven Soyrunner Electronics Repair 5 March 15th 05 01:46 PM
above oven microwave oreo123 Home Repair 9 October 21st 04 06:45 PM
beep, beep, beep, no post Not so quick Home Repair 13 March 30th 04 02:08 AM