Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Conan Doyle Arthur Conan Doyle is offline

Default Will a microwave oven beep for eternity?

wrote:

For example, last Friday I
stuck a cup of water in my microwave oven, (for instant coffee), and
left the house minutes later. When I got home about 11 hoursd later,
that goddamn Microwave was still beeping at a rate of about 3 beeps
every 40 seconds. ANNOYING AS HELL! If it just beeped for 30 seconds
after it shut off, I'd not complain, but it's almost like the designers
of these products WANT to ANNOY people.

Get a new microwave. My Samsung OTR beeps once a minute or so for 2 or 3 minutes
and then stops.