Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.

My well pump at the pressure tank is 45 psi. From one of my exterior
facets I want to run a line to my garden located 300 feet away, to feed a
trickle irrigation system consisting of 20 - 120' trickle tube lines
which are each run off of a 1-1/2" header pipe. Each 120' line has its
own turn off valve so that as many lines as need to be, can either be
turned off or turned on at the same time. Each of the 120' lines
water requirements is about .6 gallons per min. Currently I am trying to
feed the entire system with 300 ' of garden hoses all of which are 1/2" .
It seems to me like there is an awfully lot of drop in pressure at the
outlets individual line outlets, and currently I am only able to feed 1 or
2 of the 120' lines at a time. I would like to have enough water and
pressure to feed more of the lines at a time if possible
Questions:
1. will this work this way.
2. Would it be better to feed the 1-1/2' header tube located 300 ' away
with a larger diameter piping?
3. Would it be advisable to add a booster pump to the line and / or if so
what kind and how big?

Thank you in advance for your valued advise.

Denny