Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goldfish Murder

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriends goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:17:38 -0400, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriend’s goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.

Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be
allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:17:38 -0400, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for
allegedly
killing her boyfriend's goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank,
according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she
did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water
effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.

Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be
allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?

Maybe if they put bleach on black folks, they'd turn white?
Anyone tried that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:31:16 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:17:38 -0400, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriend's goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.

Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be
allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?

A lobster is a better pet than a fish...you can take it out for a walk!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/13/2015 03:17 AM, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for
allegedly
killing her boyfriends goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank,
according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she
did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water
effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

So you're okay if I skin Fido or Fluffy and whip up some stir fry? There
definitely are some strange social conventions. Why do we eat cows and
not horses? There's a lot of good eating on a horse.

For that matter, why do lobsters get more sympathy than clams that are
eaten alive or steamed to death?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2015 5:17 AM, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriends goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

Obviously she should have dropped the live fish into a pot of boiling water and served them with some melted garlic butter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/13/2015 07:56 AM, bob_villa wrote:
A lobster is a better pet than a fish...you can take it out for a walk!

I once let the cats play with a lobster. That was interesting. Then I
boiled it although I'm of the stick an icepick into the brain school of
lobster cookery.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/13/2015 02:59 PM, Billy Bologna wrote:

Obviously she should have dropped the live fish into a pot of boiling
water and served them with some melted garlic butter.

Hey, it works for snails, probably would work for black mollies and red
wagtails. I'd pass on the plecostomus though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:31:11 -0400, micky
wrote in

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:17:38 -0400, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriend’s goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.

Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be
allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?

The Orientals cook and eat dogs and cats. I like that idea better
than having them run around as starving ferals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mayhem wrote:
APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriends goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

One year I was cleaning small pond after winter and the fish died. I put
chlorox in there. I then saw all these small babies surfacing. I was sad.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/13/2015 09:57 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/13/2015 03:17 AM, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for
allegedly
killing her boyfriends goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank,
according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she
did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water
effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

So you're okay if I skin Fido or Fluffy and whip up some stir fry?

Absolutely not...in fact most of America's factory farms are more inhumane than killing a goldfish with bleach.

There definitely are some strange social conventions.
Why do we eat cows and not horses? There's a lot of good eating on a horse.
For that matter, why do lobsters get more sympathy than clams that are eaten alive or steamed to death?

Those are all good questions.
So why is it OK to scald seafood to death but killing with bleach is not?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 02:22:43 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:31:11 -0400, micky
wrote in

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:17:38 -0400, Mayhem wrote:

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly
killing her boyfriend’s goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according
to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-spree-675930

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much
different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively
scalding the lobster to death?

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.

Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be
allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?

The Orientals cook and eat dogs and cats.

So what?

My question, and what the woman did to the goldfish, was about
intentional suffering. Do the Oriental cause dogs and cats intentional
suffering?

(Actually, with one "recipe", some of them do or at least used to, and
it is or was a terrible thing.)

OTish Murder harryagain[_2_] UK diy 124 August 11th 13 12:25 PM
Frying pan murder weapon Stormin Mormon[_7_] Metalworking 1 April 28th 12 01:33 PM
Craigslist Murder Oren[_2_] Home Repair 4 October 27th 10 01:43 AM
Democrats murder about 16,000 a year. Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 September 18th 09 04:05 AM
Democrats murder about 16,000 a year. Larry Jaques Metalworking 3 September 14th 09 06:10 PM