Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Got two heel problems with some ill-fitting new shoes

I did something stupid. I bought a pair of beguilingly cheap and good looking shoes on ebay from China. They look in real life as good as online! However, they fit TERRIBLY! The seller said to buy his shoes a size larger than normal.

Now the right one slips like crazy while the left one [doesn't slip but] cuts in to my foot badly at the top of the heel.

Does anyone think this situation can be cured by using some sort of heel pad to make the right shoe a bit smaller and hold the bit of the heel which cuts into my foot at the top slightly further back or is this not a solution for brand new shoes? Is heel padding a temporary repair which will need replacing every too often?

What causes the heel to cut in sharply at the top? Is it mis-shapen such that only sending it back to China will fix this problem please?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DManzaluni" wrote in message
I did something stupid. I bought a pair of beguilingly cheap and good
looking shoes on ebay from China. They look in real life as good as online!
However, they fit TERRIBLY! The seller said to buy his shoes a size larger
than normal.

Now the right one slips like crazy while the left one [doesn't slip but]
cuts in to my foot badly at the top of the heel.

Does anyone think this situation can be cured by using some sort of heel pad
to make the right shoe a bit smaller and hold the bit of the heel which cuts
into my foot at the top slightly further back or is this not a solution for
brand new shoes? Is heel padding a temporary repair which will need
replacing every too often?

What causes the heel to cut in sharply at the top? Is it mis-shapen such
that only sending it back to China will fix this problem please?
_________________

Count your blessings if you can send them back.

I was in Hong Kong one time and got diddled by a custom shoemaker called
Shoeman Lau. What I wanted was a pair of eel skin loafers, eel skin wears
like iron.

I'm guessing Shoeman didn't have any eel skin because he talked me into
ostrich. Well and good except he used ostrich LEG...shiny, yellow and
scaly, just like chicken legs.

I wore them a few times but quit because I didn't have a purple velvet suit
and green beaver hat to go with them

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 6, 2015 at 10:47:07 AM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:

I wore them a few times but quit because I didn't have a purple velvet suit
and green beaver hat to go with them

dadiOH

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA, too funny!
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you can't return these, the right show may be too wide. I'd try adding
one or innersoles or a tongue pad; not a heel pad.

You need to carefully examine the left shoe. Maybe there is an obvious
staple/defect that is cutting your heel. Maybe you can massage the area and
it might soften up or conform better. Heel pads will not last long.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 04/06/2015 10:14 AM, DManzaluni wrote:
... bought a pair of ...shoes on ebay from China. ... However, they fit TERRIBLY!...

... the right one slips like crazy while the left one ... cuts in to
my foot badly at the top of the heel.

I've worn boots since 'twas in HS 50+ yr ago primarily because very few
shoes did/do not cut my heels irrespective of cost/fit as is just a fact
of the bulk of humanity apparently doesn't have heels shaped as mine...

I'd say it's unlikely the defect can be cured with the particular shoe
altho apparently it's not built _quite_ like the other one; perhaps
there's an open seam instead of turned or somesuch; who knows?

Like most, my feet aren't quite the same size, either; the left is
somewhat larger/wider than the right; it's mandatory when trying on
boots to use the left one as the judge; it's possible that a fit on the
right will not be able to get on the left...