Posted to alt.home.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default Got two heel problems with some ill-fitting new shoes

If you can't return these, the right show may be too wide. I'd try adding
one or innersoles or a tongue pad; not a heel pad.

You need to carefully examine the left shoe. Maybe there is an obvious
staple/defect that is cutting your heel. Maybe you can massage the area and
it might soften up or conform better. Heel pads will not last long.

"DManzaluni" wrote in message
I did something stupid. I bought a pair of beguilingly cheap and good
looking shoes on ebay from China. They look in real life as good as online!
However, they fit TERRIBLY! The seller said to buy his shoes a size larger
than normal.

Now the right one slips like crazy while the left one [doesn't slip but]
cuts in to my foot badly at the top of the heel.

Does anyone think this situation can be cured by using some sort of heel pad
to make the right shoe a bit smaller and hold the bit of the heel which cuts
into my foot at the top slightly further back or is this not a solution for
brand new shoes? Is heel padding a temporary repair which will need
replacing every too often?

What causes the heel to cut in sharply at the top? Is it mis-shapen such
that only sending it back to China will fix this problem please?