Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Idiot Gas Cans

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 1:46:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]
Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

Yes, see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

Posted to alt.home.repair

I recall awhile back there was a thread about these so called ""safety
gas cans". I had to buy one of these aggravating cans, and they are
horrible at least. I put 4 gallons in a 5 gallon can, for my farm
tractor, and it took me 22 minutes to pour these 4 gallons in the
tractor. Whoever designed these cans should be SHOT! (Yea, I know it's
mandated by the idiot government).....

I should nmention that on a farm tractor, I am holding the can over my
head, and I was doing this in very cold weather. (((AND CUSSING)))!

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per :
Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

It's probably wretched excess, but I have gone over to these things:
http://tinyurl.com/oc5yf8l

The pouring ergonomics aren't great: they need a handle or some purchase
on the bottom for tilting while pouring.

But the rest is really good: durability, pouring, sealing...

Just beware of look-alike imitations that lack things like the
sprayed-in lining.

For a spout, I got these: http://tinyurl.com/okk5lbh

They work, but I wish I had gotten at least one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/nzvmw5j
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Frank:
I've often said that when the government official who mandated these
cans dies and goes to hell that he should have to spend eternity using
these cans.

Anybody else old enough to remember the comic strip "Hatlo's Inferno"?

I bet Jimmy Hatlo would have done an entertaining strip on those things.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:36:11 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per :
Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

It's probably wretched excess, but I have gone over to these things:
http://tinyurl.com/oc5yf8l

The pouring ergonomics aren't great: they need a handle or some purchase
on the bottom for tilting while pouring.

But the rest is really good: durability, pouring, sealing...

Just beware of look-alike imitations that lack things like the
sprayed-in lining.

For a spout, I got these: http://tinyurl.com/okk5lbh

They work, but I wish I had gotten at least one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/nzvmw5j

I too, being as frustrated as all of you, finally purchased from
Amazon a battery powered gas pump for about $15. It is a wand type
device that you stick into the can with the cap off, the top has a
flexible hose that you stick into the receptical (car, power
equipment, etc) and flip the power switch. I usually pump 5 gallons
in 4 minutes. It will even auto stop if it senses the recepticle is
full.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I recall awhile back there was a thread about these so called ""safety
gas cans". I had to buy one of these aggravating cans, and they are
horrible at least. I put 4 gallons in a 5 gallon can, for my farm
tractor, and it took me 22 minutes to pour these 4 gallons in the
tractor. Whoever designed these cans should be SHOT! (Yea, I know it's
mandated by the idiot government).....

I should nmention that on a farm tractor, I am holding the can over my
head, and I was doing this in very cold weather. (((AND CUSSING)))!

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

Just drive the tractor to a gas station.
Duh!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 2:46:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I recall awhile back there was a thread about these so called ""safety
gas cans". I had to buy one of these aggravating cans, and they are
horrible at least. I put 4 gallons in a 5 gallon can, for my farm
tractor, and it took me 22 minutes to pour these 4 gallons in the
tractor. Whoever designed these cans should be SHOT! (Yea, I know it's
mandated by the idiot government).....

I should nmention that on a farm tractor, I am holding the can over my
head, and I was doing this in very cold weather. (((AND CUSSING)))!

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

I bought replacement spouts from

http://ezpourspout.com/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/

a couple of years ago. They work great.

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 3:33:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:57:09 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

I bought replacement spouts from

http://ezpourspout.com/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/

a couple of years ago. They work great.

Paul

I clicked on that link, and got the message saying "ERROR 403
We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for
/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/ on this server.

I just tried on Chrome and IE-10 and both came through. Not sure why you got bounced.

Did anyone else try?

pli
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas
cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

I bought replacement spouts from

http://ezpourspout.com/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/

a couple of years ago. They work great.

Paul

I clicked on that link, and got the message saying "ERROR 403
We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for
/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/ on this server.

I just tried on Chrome and IE-10 and both came through. Not sure why you
got bounced.

Did anyone else try?

Chrome works fine for me on an XT machine. Found a listing at Ace Hardware
that is usspose to carry them locally.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

I bought replacement spouts from

http://ezpourspout.com/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/

a couple of years ago. They work great.

Paul

I clicked on that link, and got the message saying "ERROR 403
We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for
/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/ on this server.

I just tried on Chrome and IE-10 and both came through. Not sure why you got bounced.

Did anyone else try?

pli

I got that page on Firefox.

BTW, the 5-gal cans I just bought at Wal-Mart are labeled Ameri-Can, and
the EZ-Pour spouts (yellow caps) and vents fit fine on them.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who
believes what is wrong." --Thomas Jefferson
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to
modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans
do not fit the threads on these new cans).

I bought replacement spouts from

http://ezpourspout.com/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/

a couple of years ago. They work great.

Paul

I clicked on that link, and got the message saying "ERROR 403
We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for
/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/ on this server.

I just tried on Chrome and IE-10 and both came through. Not sure why you got bounced.

Did anyone else try?

pli

It works on Firefox, but not on K-meleon (my default browser). Maybe
cuz I have scripts turned off on that browser!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 7:14:28 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
..

BTW, the 5-gal cans I just bought at Wal-Mart are labeled Ameri-Can, and
the EZ-Pour spouts (yellow caps) and vents fit fine on them.

The EZ-Pour spout & vent kits are labeled to fit almost all containers made before 2008, when they changed all the threads. Maybe Ameri-can is reverting to the good stuff.

Here's the kit:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...r-old-gas-cans

What an idiot BD[_4_] UK diy 61 August 25th 13 07:03 PM
Idiot Sightings Harry K Home Repair 6 July 26th 12 07:55 PM
Sometimes I'm an idiot Bob La Londe Metalworking 4 September 23rd 10 10:25 PM
I'm such an idiot! zxcvbob Home Repair 5 August 27th 07 12:24 PM
Idiot needs help Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) UK diy 12 April 16th 07 07:57 PM