Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Pie, not advertising anything

Those of you who go to the supermarket might have noticed that Mrs Smith
frozen fruit pies were more than half off for month after month last
spring, and I bought a few and ate a few, but I ended up buying more
than I wanted to eat.

In Januaary I ate one of the apple pies and yesterday and today I ate
most of a pumpkin pie, and despite being 8 and 10 months old, they were
fine. Tasted fine, looked fine

Probably would work the same with any brand of pie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 02:43:24 -0400, micky
wrote:

Those of you who go to the supermarket might have noticed that Mrs Smith
frozen fruit pies were more than half off for month after month last
spring, and I bought a few and ate a few, but I ended up buying more
than I wanted to eat.

In Januaary I ate one of the apple pies and yesterday and today I ate
most of a pumpkin pie, and despite being 8 and 10 months old, they were
fine. Tasted fine, looked fine

Probably would work the same with any brand of pie.

They are on sale a few times a year. While OK, Sara Lee is better,
but rarely on sale.. We often have them in the freezer for six months
with no problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Those of you who go to the supermarket might have noticed that Mrs Smith
frozen fruit pies were more than half off for month after month last
spring, and I bought a few and ate a few, but I ended up buying more
than I wanted to eat.

In Januaary I ate one of the apple pies and yesterday and today I ate
most of a pumpkin pie, and despite being 8 and 10 months old, they were
fine. Tasted fine, looked fine

Probably would work the same with any brand of pie.

They are on sale a few times a year. While OK, Sara Lee is better,
but rarely on sale.. We often have them in the freezer for six months
with no problems.

Wow, I figured I'd be the only one to do this. I should have known
better about you.

What's interesting is that the boxes are no way near air tight. On the
side, they have little flaps at each end that fold over first, and then
a big bottom and top flap that are folded over and glued. So nothing at
the ends keeps the air out except the end flaps spring back a little
might. But still they are fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Those of you who go to the supermarket might have noticed that Mrs Smith
frozen fruit pies were more than half off for month after month last
spring, and I bought a few and ate a few, but I ended up buying more
than I wanted to eat.

In Januaary I ate one of the apple pies and yesterday and today I ate
most of a pumpkin pie, and despite being 8 and 10 months old, they were
fine. Tasted fine, looked fine

Probably would work the same with any brand of pie.

They are on sale a few times a year. While OK, Sara Lee is better,
but rarely on sale.. We often have them in the freezer for six months
with no problems.

The Sara Lee pies fit better in the pie rack on my Hoveround.