Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clocks, clocks, and endlessly more clocks

Digital wrist watch
thermostat
radio in truck
radio in van
wall clocks (seven or so)
clocks at church (twenty six, I think)

And the list goes on. New batteries in
most of them, including themostat.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2015 9:39 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Digital wrist watch
thermostat
radio in truck
radio in van
wall clocks (seven or so)
clocks at church (twenty six, I think)

And the list goes on. New batteries in
most of them, including themostat.

I never wore a watch while out of the house.
Everyone else had one or a phone or other device with a built in clock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 09:57:03 -0400, Steve Stone
wrote:

I never wore a watch while out of the house.
Everyone else had one or a phone or other device with a built in clock.

I was never without a watch for 50 years or so. One day a few years
ago the battery died and I put the watch down and never picked it up
again. Years ago, it was very hand, but now, you can barely glance in
any direction and not see the time on some device. Cable box, GPS,
phone, microwave, computer . . .
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Digital wrist watch
thermostat
radio in truck
radio in van
wall clocks (seven or so)
clocks at church (twenty six, I think)

And the list goes on.

Well, little feller. Maybe when you gets retired like yers truly, you'll
bet sui juris like me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormy,

All done except the water softener, it's under the house.
I find that alkaline batteries last about 3 yrs in the house smoke alarm,
and that they give plenty of warning when it's replacement time. Thermostat
batteries last years too. Never understood why you should replace them every
year. Suspect that this is nonsense.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2015 08:39 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Digital wrist watch
thermostat
radio in truck
radio in van
wall clocks (seven or so)
clocks at church (twenty six, I think)

And the list goes on. New batteries in
most of them, including themostat.

Battery - operated stuff does require more maintenance.
My thermostat uses furnace power. Could yours be wired for that?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"To build one house for man is better than to build a dozen houses to
God." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 14:43:13 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 03/08/2015 08:39 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Digital wrist watch
thermostat
radio in truck
radio in van
wall clocks (seven or so)
clocks at church (twenty six, I think)

And the list goes on. New batteries in
most of them, including themostat.

Battery - operated stuff does require more maintenance.
My thermostat uses furnace power. Could yours be wired for that?

Both my programmable thermostats use battery power for at least the
clock. Seems to be very common.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Most digital thermostats have battery to back-up time &
settings when electric goes out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2015 11:18 AM, David L. Martel wrote:
Stormy,

All done except the water softener, it's under the house.
I find that alkaline batteries last about 3 yrs in the house smoke
alarm, and that they give plenty of warning when it's replacement time.
Thermostat batteries last years too. Never understood why you should
replace them every year. Suspect that this is nonsense.

Dave M.

Ah, thermstat. Not got that one yet. It may be that I'm
using out of date batteries, or it may be the clocks. But
I get less than a year from the cells I use. Most likely
out of date batteries. I replace the ones in my clocks
and at church, each year twice at time change.

I do try to get the smoke detector every clock change, figure
what's a dollar battery versus my life lost in fire.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2015 3:43 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
And the list goes on. New batteries in
most of them, including themostat.

Battery - operated stuff does require more maintenance.
My thermostat uses furnace power. Could yours be wired for that?

Probably yes. I don't know. I havn't checked.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2015 7:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/8/2015 11:18 AM, David L. Martel wrote:
Stormy,

All done except the water softener, it's under the house.
I find that alkaline batteries last about 3 yrs in the house smoke
alarm, and that they give plenty of warning when it's replacement time.
Thermostat batteries last years too. Never understood why you should
replace them every year. Suspect that this is nonsense.

Dave M.

Ah, thermstat. Not got that one yet. It may be that I'm
using out of date batteries, or it may be the clocks. But
I get less than a year from the cells I use. Most likely
out of date batteries. I replace the ones in my clocks
and at church, each year twice at time change.

I do try to get the smoke detector every clock change, figure
what's a dollar battery versus my life lost in fire.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Just checked my Honeywell thermostat and it updated by itself ... wow,
what a concept! But, the el-cheapo Harbor Freight indoor/outdoor
thermometer didn't. It was supposed to have a radio for atomic time,
however, I think that's why they were sooooo cheap. I've seen 3 of
them, and the atomic clock didn't work on any of them. Maybe I'm too
far east, however, other atomic clocks seem to work. But I am in the
mountains of NC and radio/TV/cell signals are iffy at best.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2015 7:39 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/8/2015 3:43 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
And the list goes on. New batteries in
most of them, including themostat.

Battery - operated stuff does require more maintenance.
My thermostat uses furnace power. Could yours be wired for that?

Probably yes. I don't know. I havn't checked.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Yeah, the Honeywell programmable in my house had batteries for backup.
I put a Honeywell in my motorhome because the original that came with it
had severe cycle-itis. It was difficult to get the Honeywell to work as
the motorhome is all on +12 DC, has and AC air conditioner/heat pump
plus a 12 volt controlled propane furnace. So the 'tat runs on the
batteries. I remove them when not traveling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have Dect 6 Panasonic phones...and I don't remember having to adjust them in 3 yrs? This last time I had to adjust it...hmmmm. (The stored information comes from the base station)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob_villa" wrote in message
On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 9:07:27 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:

We have Dect 6 Panasonic phones...and I don't remember having to adjust
them in 3 yrs? This last time I had to adjust it...hmmmm. (The stored
information comes from the base station)

What? Moonbase Alfa?

OT Clocks Bill Gill Home Repair 12 November 19th 10 01:39 PM
OT Clocks Fake ID Home Repair 1 November 18th 10 03:06 PM
OT Clocks daestrom[_2_] Home Repair 0 November 17th 10 10:48 PM
MSF clocks Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 17 March 30th 05 02:15 AM