Posted to alt.home.repair

Default See if you can put some political spin on this story...

bob_villa wrote:

I paid $10 for a Hercules 6-speed (in the late '60's) at a garage
sale...in a box, and every bearing in a glass jar. Got it all
together...even zinc chromate primed it and finished-off with Chevy
Sunshine yellow. I used it to ride to the train in suburban Chicago (about
a mile one-way). I left the garage door open one night...

I had a rigid GT stolen. It was a good bike in its day but it used every
weird Shimano gadget that was Shimano discontinued the next year. While I
was ****ed I figured the thief had done me a favor since it forced me into a
suspension fork model. Since then I've studiously avoided anything with
Shimano's latest brainstorm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-02-04, philo wrote:

No matter how broke the guy is bikes can be picked up cheaply...
even if occasionally someone would steal it.....

Reminds me of when I got home from 4 yrs in the service. Didn't have
much $$, so I paid $15 for a trashed one speed 10-speed. Two weeks
later, someone stole it. True story.

nb

I bought a '64 Karmen Ghia convertible for $15. That was in the early
70's IIRC. Took $150 to rebuild the engine though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 9:37:38 PM UTC-6, bob_villa wrote:
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/weird-n...ach-day/nj3Yz/

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...201755338.html