Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet or laminate?

Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or laminate.

Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it matters,
there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11 cats living
here.

TIA!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony S. wrote:
Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or
laminate.
Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it
matters, there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11
cats living here.

TIA!

In your circumstances I'd go with a good quality laminate , then use area
rugs to help warm up the feet . It's not the kids or grannies , it's the
pets . No matter how good your housekeeping there's going to be accidednts
and dander . JMNSHO
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:09:19 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Tony S. wrote:
Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or
laminate.
Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it
matters, there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11
cats living here.

TIA!

In your circumstances I'd go with a good quality laminate , then use area
rugs to help warm up the feet . It's not the kids or grannies , it's the
pets . No matter how good your housekeeping there's going to be accidednts
and dander . JMNSHO

7 people, 3 dogs, and 11 cats and 52 year old carpet????????? In a
Redneck Bungalow???You should be able to pretty well sweep that carpet
out by now!! I'd be puttlng in a solid vinyl - stands up well and easy
to clean.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2015 10:48 PM, Tony S. wrote:
Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or laminate.

Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it matters,
there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11 cats living
here.

TIA!

Sounds like a troll to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/16/2015 10:48 PM, Tony S. wrote:
Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're
thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either
carpet or
laminate. Which one will hold up better in the long run?
Just in case it
matters, there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3
dogs, and
11 cats living here.

TIA!

Sounds like a troll to me.

Naa.....they live under bridges, single widesg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2015 10:48 PM, Tony S. wrote:
Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or laminate.

Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it matters,
there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11 cats living
here.

TIA!

That's a no brainer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:48:14 -0500, "Tony S."
wrote:

Just in case it matters,
there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11 cats living
here.

If you have an odd number, add one and divide by two. Tells how many
feet you have.
--
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up."
-- Lily Tomlin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 08:03:04 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

On 1/16/2015 10:48 PM, Tony S. wrote:
Hello,

We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about
ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or laminate.

Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it matters,
there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11 cats living
here.

TIA!

That's a no brainer.

Move everybody out and strike a match?

Carpet or laminate? Which would you prefer? Neil UK diy 64 April 7th 13 09:36 AM
Laminate vs. Carpet Kate[_5_] Home Repair 26 March 5th 10 12:39 AM
carpet over laminate Ann UK diy 1 August 17th 06 03:56 PM
Carpet over laminate? Tom Barker UK diy 8 March 25th 06 07:47 PM
Laminate on carpet? Matthew Barnard UK diy 2 September 9th 03 03:39 PM