Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to seal leak on a pipe on my pool pump

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump . the pipes has rubber
seals flush to the pump. the seal of the lower pump leaks and spews water
. how do I fix the seal . can some one help please

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Maybe if you post a pic of what is actually there. IDK what you
have. Pumps I'm familiar with have threaded fittings, with most
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000, gloria
wrote:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump . the pipes has rubber
seals flush to the pump. the seal of the lower pump leaks and spews water
how do I fix the seal . can some one help please

Is this a "union" or just a male adapter screwed into the pump body?

Oh! I love it when you talk dirty like that!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

gloria writes:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump . the pipes has rubber
seals flush to the pump. the seal of the lower pump leaks and spews water
. how do I fix the seal . can some one help please

Start with tightening the joint.
If that doesn't work, replace seals.

If you aren't used to doing this stuff:

Turn off pump.
Only work on pool stuff when stores are open.
Things can go wrong and you may need to buy parts.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump . the pipes has rubber
seals flush to the pump. the seal of the lower pump leaks and spews water
. how do I fix the seal . can some one help please

Yes people can help if that is the question.

Reply back here with information left out; make and model numbers of
your filter, pump and motor.

Did your pipe freeze?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have
only one pipe exiting the pool pump.

Maybe a picture will help us?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 12:31:18 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have
only one pipe exiting the pool pump.

Maybe a picture will help us?

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but
how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 writes:
On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 12:31:18 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have
only one pipe exiting the pool pump.

Maybe a picture will help us?

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but
how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?

Reading comprehension? one pipe "exiting" the pool pump
(and one ingress pipe, not discussed).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:53:19 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 12:31:18 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have
only one pipe exiting the pool pump.

Maybe a picture will help us?

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but
how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?

The pumps only have one exit, the second is an entry pipe :-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 12:31:18 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have
only one pipe exiting the pool pump.

Maybe a picture will help us?

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but
how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?

The pumps only have one exit, the second is an entry pipe :-\

I guess it depends on how you comprehend English. She said there were
two *pipes* exiting the pump. All that means to me is that there are
two pipes coming from the pump, like every pool pump has. I agree *water*
exits via one and enters via the other, but that wasn't what she was talking about.

I'm taking bets we won't here back from her anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:23:04 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but
how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?

The pumps only have one exit, the second is an entry pipe :-\

I guess it depends on how you comprehend English. She said there were
two *pipes* exiting the pump. All that means to me is that there are
two pipes coming from the pump, like every pool pump has. I agree *water*
exits via one and enters via the other, but that wasn't what she was talking about.

That is the point. She should not DIY this herself, but she needs to
call a pool guy. A Cabana Boy

I'm taking bets we won't here back from her anyway.

flashnewsgroups web portal - sigh
--
I like Guns and Titties