Brent M.

Default Spa Pump Leak at Tank--How to seal?

Question for you spa/pump/leak experts:

I have a brand new Sta-Rite 2-speed pump. The plastic tank has cracked and
water is "weeping" out of this crack. I tried JB Quick Weld--it held for
two months and now has disinigrated away to nothing. Any suggestions as to
how I seal this small crack?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer....

Grim

"Brent M." wrote in message
Question for you spa/pump/leak experts:

I have a brand new Sta-Rite 2-speed pump. The plastic tank has cracked and
water is "weeping" out of this crack. I tried JB Quick Weld--it held for
two months and now has disinigrated away to nothing. Any suggestions as

how I seal this small crack?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer....

You can order a repair kit or use the information from this website to look
for something similar at a RV or Boating supply places near you.

http://tinyurl.com/368m9

Grim

---
Aint No Stinkin Viruses Here!

DaveG

"Brent M." wrote in message
Question for you spa/pump/leak experts:

I have a brand new Sta-Rite 2-speed pump. The plastic tank has cracked and
water is "weeping" out of this crack. I tried JB Quick Weld--it held for
two months and now has disinigrated away to nothing. Any suggestions as

how I seal this small crack?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer....

Any chance this new pump has a warranty?

rb608

"Brent M." wrote in message
I have a brand new Sta-Rite 2-speed pump. The plastic tank has cracked and
water is "weeping" out of this crack. I tried JB Quick Weld--it held for
two months and now has disinigrated away to nothing. Any suggestions as

how I seal this small crack?

I'm not a spa pump expert, and I don't play one on TV; but I can tell you
what has been a very successful solution for me. I have an above-ground
pool, and the pump impeller housing developed a few serious cracks that I
was able to seal this way.

First, it is extremely difficult to seal a crack. You just can't get enough
penetration of the adhesive/sealant. Take off the part so you can get to
the inside surface. Use a Dremel tool to rout out a small groove along the
surface of the cracks. Don't go too deep, just deep enough that you can
apply a meaningful amount of epoxy. Then, fill those grooves with an epoxy
cement. Creating the groove first gives the epoxy a much larger area to
adhere and should do the trick. In my case, the repair has lasted all
summer under working pump pressure. It's only prolonging the inevitable
replacement, but so far, so good.

Joe F.

Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 11:23 PM
Well pump (Goulds) question Adam E Home Repair 3 July 20th 03 03:25 AM