Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fireplace screen lubrication

This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 23:44:01 +0000, denverchick
wrote:

This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Sure. Of course there is a solution. I know that.

Thanks for sharing. What previous posts were you giving attribution?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2015 6:44 PM, denverchick wrote:
This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Graphite?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2015 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/1/2015 6:44 PM, denverchick wrote:
This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Graphite?

Naah, solution would be like 10% sodium chloride
in water.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Sure. Of course there is a solution. I know that.

Thanks for sharing. What previous posts were you giving attribution?

Did you **** her mother, too--Orin?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2015 6:44 PM, denverchick wrote:
This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Silicone greases can take high temps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

and for a 'small fee' you'll let me in on the
'secret'?

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Phil Kangas , denverchick wrote:
pkangas wrote:

"denverchick"
and for a 'small fee' you'll let me in on the
'secret'?

I'm confused. I typed a description of what I had used to address the
situation. I guess it wasn't included with my post. I used a product
that had been recommended to me by a guy who lubricated my attic fan
several years ago. It's a 4 ounce plastic bottle with a long narrow
extendable applicator and is primarily a "turbine oil". I got it at Ace
Hardware and it's called "Zoom Spout Oiler". It's
manufactured/distributed by "Norvey, Inc." It says it "withstands high
temperatures" and is "a must for heater blowers". Anyway, I applied some
to a folded paper towel and rubbed it along the track that the fireplace
screen is on. Also rubbed it on the rings that hold the screen. There is
no problem moving the screen now (and I have a fire in the fireplace).
So--I can definitely recommend it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"denverchick"
wrote in message replying to Phil Kangas ,
denverchick wrote:
pkangas wrote:

"denverchick" and for a 'small fee' you'll
let me in on the 'secret'?

[...]

There yah go! Good answer. You've been exonerated
..... ;)}

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
On 1/1/2015 6:44 PM, denverchick wrote:
This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace
screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a
while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.

Silicone greases can take high temps.

Works well as anal lube, however.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Col. Edmund Burke"

Silicone greases can take high temps.

Works well as anal lube, however.

col. burke apparently knows first hand about
that application. ;)}

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2015 12:20 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
"Col. Edmund Burke"

Silicone greases can take high temps.

Works well as anal lube, however.

col. burke apparently knows first hand about
that application. ;)}

It's not his hand that concerns me.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 16:59:55 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/2/2015 12:20 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
"Col. Edmund Burke"

Silicone greases can take high temps.

Works well as anal lube, however.

col. burke apparently knows first hand about
that application. ;)}

It's not his hand that concerns me.

You worry about a digital intrusions less?

col burke leads from behind. Always has a rear view.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2015 6:15 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 16:59:55 -0500, Stormin Mormon
col. burke apparently knows first hand about
that application. ;)}

It's not his hand that concerns me.

You worry about a digital intrusions less?

col burke leads from behind. Always has a rear view.

No butt about it. Anis a good thing, too.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Fireplace screen lubrication Not@home Home Repair 16 December 26th 09 07:45 PM
Fireplace screen Garry[_2_] Woodworking 6 April 8th 08 04:18 AM
Fireplace screen help Jimi Home Repair 0 December 31st 06 05:09 AM
Should I seal around the fireplace screen? [email protected] Home Repair 5 December 28th 05 08:40 PM
Fireplace screen seal Frank Home Repair 3 October 27th 05 04:20 PM