Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fireplace screen

I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood
designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of the fireplace during summer. I
tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am
looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Garry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 5, 9:16 am, Garry wrote:
I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood
designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of the fireplace during summer. I
tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am
looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?

Since it's not a functioning piece like a fireplace screen that is in
place while a fire is going and doesn't need to be operated, you have
to size it to your fireplace and it's essentially a decorated panel,
why not just wing it? Pick a picture of anything you like and put
that on a piece of plywood.
http://www.shopping.com/xDN-home_fur...eplace_screens

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Garry" wrote in message
I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood
designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of the fireplace during summer.
tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am
looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Garry

Gary I posted 4 pictures of a Walnut and Oak fireplace screen that I built
about 4 years ago. Posted on a.b.p.w.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 5, 7:16*am, Garry wrote:
I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood
designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of the fireplace during summer. I
tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am
looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Garry

Issue 130, February 2001 Better Home & Gardens WOOD Magazine, pages
68-71.

Check your local library or woodworking guild/club.

Check the url to see if this is what you are looking for:

http://woodstore.net/is130feb20.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 5, 8:16*am, Garry wrote:
I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood
designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of the fireplace during summer. I
tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am
looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Garry

I built a fireplace screen that is basically 3 raised panel doors
attached together. The center door is twice as wide as the other two,
so it folds flat. You can get as creative as you want.

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 6, 11:16 am, DonkeyHody wrote:
On Apr 5, 8:16 am, Garry wrote:

I am looking to build a wooden fire screen. I remember seeing one with wood
designs on a blank panle that sat in fron of thefireplaceduring summer. I
tried Google but only found glass or similar screens. The type that I am
looking for was a type of mural on ply or similar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Garry

I built afireplacescreen that is basically 3 raised panel doors
attached together. The center door is twice as wide as the other two,
so it folds flat. You can get as creative as you want.

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."

Hey there, you might find some great fireplace tips he
http://fireplace.submit-articles.biz/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 7, 10:35 pm, freetips69 wrote:

Hey there, you might find some great fireplace tips hehttp://fireplace.submit-articles.biz/

How about I put the tip of my boot up your ass for free, mofo? Pedal
your crap elsewhere.

Fireplace screen help Jimi Home Repair 0 December 31st 06 05:09 AM
Painting fireplace screen [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 7th 06 02:13 PM
Should I seal around the fireplace screen? [email protected] Home Repair 5 December 28th 05 08:40 PM
Glass Fireplace Screen [email protected] Home Repair 4 December 8th 05 02:50 AM
Fireplace screen seal Frank Home Repair 3 October 27th 05 04:20 PM