Posted to alt.home.repair
denverchick denverchick is offline

Default fireplace screen lubrication

replying to Phil Kangas , denverchick wrote:
pkangas wrote:

"denverchick"
and for a 'small fee' you'll let me in on the
'secret'?

I'm confused. I typed a description of what I had used to address the
situation. I guess it wasn't included with my post. I used a product
that had been recommended to me by a guy who lubricated my attic fan
several years ago. It's a 4 ounce plastic bottle with a long narrow
extendable applicator and is primarily a "turbine oil". I got it at Ace
Hardware and it's called "Zoom Spout Oiler". It's
manufactured/distributed by "Norvey, Inc." It says it "withstands high
temperatures" and is "a must for heater blowers". Anyway, I applied some
to a folded paper towel and rubbed it along the track that the fireplace
screen is on. Also rubbed it on the rings that hold the screen. There is
no problem moving the screen now (and I have a fire in the fireplace).
So--I can definitely recommend it.