Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bluish-Green Coating / Stain Develops In White Porcelin Sink: WhatIs ?

Hello,

A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard
stain/coating on it
that is a Bluish-Greenish color.

Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ?

And, what might be effective in removing it ?
The typical, common, household cleaners have essentially no effet.
Think Chlorox might work ?

Or,...?

Much thanks,
Bob

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2014 6:22 PM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard
stain/coating on it
that is a Bluish-Greenish color.

Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ?

And, what might be effective in removing it ?
The typical, common, household cleaners have essentially no effet.
Think Chlorox might work ?

Or,...?

Much thanks,
Bob

Blue green might be copper. Removal? Not sure.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:22:04 -0500, Bob wrote:

Hello,

A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard
stain/coating on it
that is a Bluish-Greenish color.

Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ?

And, what might be effective in removing it ?
The typical, common, household cleaners have essentially no effet.
Think Chlorox might work ?

Or,...?

Much thanks,
Bob

Acidic Water - copper pipe and well water?

http://www.h2oequipment.com/water-problems/blue-green-stains/
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard stain/coating
on it
that is a Bluish-Greenish color.

Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ?

And, what might be effective in removing it ?
The typical, common, household cleaners have essentially no effet.
Think Chlorox might work ?

Or,...?

Much thanks,
Bob

Bluish-Greenish color stain is most likely from copper pipes.

You probably have low ph (acidic) water or a small electric current in your
pipes.

You should find the source of your problem and fix it before your copper
pipes get slowly eaten away.

To remove stain, this page says use "Soap suds and ammonia, then rinse"

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i...ldeposits.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:22:04 -0500, Bob wrote:

Hello,

A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard
stain/coating on it
that is a Bluish-Greenish color.

Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ?

And, what might be effective in removing it ?
The typical, common, household cleaners have essentially no effet.
Think Chlorox might work ?

Or,...?

Much thanks,
Bob

---

Copper reacting with sulkphur in the water? Copper ions are
blue-green.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:06:02 PM UTC-5, terrable wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
[...]

If that doesn't work, then maybe a product like CLR? It makes rust
disappear quickly, would probably work on other metal based stains.