Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Newly painted exterior ruined around bottom of house by weed wacker

Is it normal to have a newly painted house that used Sherwin Williams
paint by a professional be scrapped away at the bottom caused by the lawn
guys and weed wacking? Is there something that protect around the bottom
of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jem 129" wrote in
message roups.com...
Is it normal to have a newly painted house that used Sherwin Williams
paint by a professional be scrapped away at the bottom caused by the lawn
guys and weed wacking? Is there something that protect around the bottom
of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...

talk to your lawn guy. How many windows did he break?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jem 129" wrote in
message roups.com...

Is it normal to have a newly painted house that used Sherwin Williams
paint by a professional be scrapped away at the bottom caused by the lawn
guys and weed wacking? Is there something that protect around the bottom
of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...

Something seems fishy about either
-- weed whacker damage above ankle level, say 6 inches
-- house paintwork nearer the ground than 6 inches.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jem 129 wrote:

s there something that protect around the bottom
of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...

Habla espanol? Seriously, I don't have an industrial strength weed whacker,
just an electric one and it's a fairly decent paint remover. It will also
eat its way through a plastic garbage can given half a chance, debark trees,
and perform other little household chores.

Mine has a flip down guide that you run along the wall and it holds the head
a little further out than the filaments.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/21/2014 6:44 PM, Jem 129 wrote:
Is it normal to have a newly painted house that used Sherwin Williams
paint by a professional be scrapped away at the bottom caused by the lawn
guys and weed wacking? Is there something that protect around the bottom
of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...

Have the lawn guy spray RoundUp around the perimeter a couple of times a
year....makes about a 6" bare strip so the mower/whacker doesn't hit the
house. Then, do something with landscaping to eliminate the need for
mowing close....landscape cloth with river rock is a favorite.

Weed Wacker Golf Club? [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 1st 08 02:17 AM
Weed Wacker MLD Home Repair 11 July 21st 06 11:01 PM
weed wacker Sacramento Dave Home Repair 5 May 13th 06 02:13 PM
Weed Wacker Grass Trimmers ? Robert11 Home Ownership 0 June 11th 05 06:34 PM
Need advice - getting exterior of house painted stepdawn Home Repair 5 September 14th 04 04:42 PM