Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electrical tape - "beige" color

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:12:07 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

OK. I will bite.
Why?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:12:07 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

OK. I will bite.
Why?

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 7, 2014 5:13:30 PM UTC-5, Adam wrote:
"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:12:07 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

OK. I will bite.
Why?

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, December 7, 2014 5:13:30 PM UTC-5, Adam wrote:
"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:12:07 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

OK. I will bite.
Why?

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

Okay, what's the closest "stretchy" tape in beige color?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/07/2014 05:01 PM, Adam wrote:
"

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

Okay, what's the closest "stretchy" tape in beige color?

Oh my. I am 20 years behind the time but know by entering "beige tape"
into a Google search there will be a million hits
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, December 7, 2014 5:13:30 PM UTC-5, Adam wrote:
"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:12:07 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

OK. I will bite.
Why?

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

This is probably the closest you'll get to it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPDKFC/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie writes:

On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, December 7, 2014 5:13:30 PM UTC-5, Adam wrote:
"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:12:07 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

OK. I will bite.
Why?

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

This is probably the closest you'll get to it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPDKFC/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

I hate to think what kind of perversion is involved with
this request. I strongly recommend shaving first.

Meanwhile, if the OP was more honest, someone would have
recommended better search terms.

Try: "flesh colored tape".

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

They can be creative. Comes down to "is there a market for it?" Not much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Meanie" wrote in message
On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, but you're no "Meanie". :-)

My first impression of the "brown" electrical tape was that
it was way too dark brown. I may take another look.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

They can be creative. Comes down to "is there a market for it?" Not
much.

Oh-yes, I'm sure it would be gobbled up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
Meanie writes:

On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

Geez, someone (not me) sure has a dirty mind. :-)

Okay, it's ballroom dance shoe related (specifically,
for taping cross-shaped suede heel protectors around the heel).

http://www.dance-forums.com/threads/...otectors.6808/
================================================== =================================
The third kind are my favorite. They are small cross-shaped pieces of suede
that you fold over the end of the heel. Some people hold them in place with
rubber bands, which looks bad in the same way that the hard plastic heel
protectors look bad. But another way of holding them in place is using
old-school cellophane tape. NOT the "magic transparent" tape or "satin"
tape, but the real old-fashioned stuff. Why? Because the real cellophane
tape is shiny and it also stretches a bit, so when you wind a bit of tape
around the heel protector it molds to the shape of the shoe and is a bit
shiny to coordinate with the satin fabric on the shoe. If you really want to
get fancy, you can do like I do and dye the suede heel protectors to match
your shoes, thereby making them even less noticable.
================================================== =================================

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Adam" wrote in :

Okay, what's the closest "stretchy" tape in beige color?

Coban.

You can find it in any pharmacy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
"Adam" wrote in :

Okay, what's the closest "stretchy" tape in beige color?

Coban.

You can find it in any pharmacy.

Thanks, wonder if "coban" will pick up dirt easily since
it looks rough and porous.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.
Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

They can be creative. Comes down to "is there a market for it?" Not
much.

Oh-yes, I'm sure it would be gobbled up.

The beige/skin color, that is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Adam" writes:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
Meanie writes:

On 12/7/2014 6:01 PM, Adam wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

If that's the story you want us to believe.

Don't overlook that those search terms do turn up
some possibilities.

--
Dan Espen
Senior Member

Adam:

I would phone up 3M's 1-800 customer support phone number and ask if they have a beige lane marking tape.

Lane marking tape is often used in hospitals to guide people unfamiliar with the hospital to the places they most frequently need to go, such as the X-ray lab and the caffeteria. Lane marking tape has a very strong initial grab, but it can be pulled off a surface without leaving a glue residue. It's a very strong and waterproof tape that will stand up to people walking on it with dirty winter boots and comes in various widths, and most importantly, a wide variety of colours.

The only problem I can see is that it typically comes in fairly large rolls, and you might not need that much tape.

Another option would be to look in your yellow pages phone directory under Book Binding Equipment & Supplies to see if any of the book binders in your area can order some beige book binding cloth tape for you. This is a very strong linen tape with a very strong adhesive on it that will keep those suede crosses on for a long time.

http://www.tapesonline.com.au/adhesi...loth-tape.html

I'd consider using an elastic band to hold the crosses on, and then wrapping the heel with book binding tape over the elastic band.

Last edited by nestork : December 8th 14 at 05:53 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://tinyurl.com/oe3b4kq

I'd consider using an elastic band to hold the crosses on, and then
wrapping the heel with book binding tape over the elastic band.

--
nestork

Thanks, will definitely look into ...

1) beige lane marking tape - this sounds perfect if available in small
quantities

2) beige book binding cloth tape - cloth tape may pick up dirt too easily
(?) unless
they are available
with a gloss/slick finish (?)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2014 9:38 PM, Adam wrote:

This is probably the closest you'll get to it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPDKFC/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

Thanks, but you're no "Meanie". :-)

SHHHHH! Don't tell anyone, you'll ruin my reputation.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2014 4:12 PM, Adam wrote:
Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMPANY-613...86449&sr= 1-2

Are you doing panel box at a gay bar,
and they don't want to clash?

"Oh, I just HATE it when you use black
electrical tape, it just CLASHES with
my pink fu fru sailor suit. You just have
to use beige, or I'll cry all night, and
I'll change into my Nurse Rached costume,
and I'll have to pee sitting down....."

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Adam" wrote in message

Sure wish 3M would make electrical tape in "beige" color.

White would be better since white goes with anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/07/2014 05:01 PM, Adam wrote:

[snip]

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors.

Wal-Mart has a lot of fancy patterns, like flowers, British flag, and
'macaroni and cheese'.

Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?
3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

Okay, what's the closest "stretchy" tape in beige color?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/07/2014 04:42 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.

Dirty white.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"sam E" wrote in message
On 12/07/2014 04:42 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for
an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for
identification are available.

Dirty white.

which would be eventually be "black".
Gosh, in that case, why not just use black? :-)

BTW, I did use "black" electrical tape on a pair of black ballroom shoes,
which turned out "perfect" and very professional looking.

Maybe some "smart" person will have some "beige" electrical tape made in
China and
make tons of money? :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Col. Edmund Burke" wrote in message
"Adam" wrote in message

Sure wish 3M would make electrical tape in "beige" color.

White would be better since white goes with anything.

Ew, "white" would stand out like a sore thumb until it turns black.