Posted to alt.home.repair

Default EZ Clean Spark Plug

I'll bet most of you aren't old enough to have seen a spark plug like
this one I've got in my "Hell box".

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I'll bet most of you aren't old enough to have seen a spark plug like
this one I've got in my "Hell box".

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html

Jeff

I've got a pair that are similar , came in the heads of my 1939 HD ...
but they seal to the head with a copper washer rather than using tapered
threads .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 15:21:32 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I'll bet most of you aren't old enough to have seen a spark plug like
this one I've got in my "Hell box".

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html

Jeff

I've got a pair that are similar , came in the heads of my 1939 HD ...
but they seal to the head with a copper washer rather than using tapered
threads .

The plugs in my '28 Chevy were "rebuildable" plugs as well. Lots of
aircraft plugs too.
None of them were pipe-thread though, thank goodness.

Some current plugs are 2 piece too - like the infamous plugs in the
5.7 Fords that come apart when you try to remove them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's one of many Youtube movies of those Maytag gas powered washers.
Those big motor driven wringer rollers prompted the warning to ladies,
"Don't get your tit in the wringer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qpDgSktoE8

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 17:42:22 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Here's one of many Youtube movies of those Maytag gas powered washers.
Those big motor driven wringer rollers prompted the warning to ladies,
"Don't get your tit in the wringer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qpDgSktoE8

Jeff

My aunt had a wringer machine unit she was over 80 years old. The
motor just ran the agitator. I can't remember if the wringer was
electric or manual.

I'm sure here son, who made good money and was devoted to her, would
have bought her something else. Finally it broke and they couldn't find
a part, so she got the cheapest automatic made, with maybe 2 water
levels, on or two cycles, and very limited choice of water temp. At
ger 100th birthday party she stood for 2 hours to greet guests, even
though there was a chair right there. Moved out of her house to
assisted living at age 96 or so. Was the busiest person in the assisted
living, and died about 104 or so. Wasn't overweight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My vague recollection of the one wringer washer I used years and years
ago was that you could crank it manually or you could "shift" it so it
ran off the motor. It was at a forest service camp in the middle of
nowhere and one weekend I started my wash and realized I had no
detergent.. so I poured some AJAX and shampoo in for that load.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default EZ Clean Spark Plug Pop your plug

posted for all of us...

wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I'll bet most of you aren't old enough to have seen a spark plug like
this one I've got in my "Hell box".

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html

Jeff

I've got a pair that are similar , came in the heads of my 1939 HD ...
but they seal to the head with a copper washer rather than using tapered
threads .

The plugs in my '28 Chevy were "rebuildable" plugs as well. Lots of
aircraft plugs too.
None of them were pipe-thread though, thank goodness.

Some current plugs are 2 piece too - like the infamous plugs in the
5.7 Fords that come apart when you try to remove them.

Heh heh heh yeah they blow right out the heads sometimes. Where I worked had
a genset with this engine. When it whistled I'd call the maintenance boss
and describe it and the generator guy would fix it. Better than working
under a hood... Hey Claire do they have to pull the engine to repair these
on trucks?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
[...]

Nope. Sometimes you need to pull the head, but the block stays
in.MISERABLE critters though (OK stormy, I KNOW you are just dying to
jump in with your "capital stupidity")
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 6, 2014 4:42:24 PM UTC-6, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Here's one of many Youtube movies of those Maytag gas powered washers.
Those big motor driven wringer rollers prompted the warning to ladies,
"Don't get your tit in the wringer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qpDgSktoE8

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

When my brother was a toddler, he got his arm caught in our Maytag wringer....if I recall you had to whack them on top to release the spring pressure. No damage was done even though it reached his upper arm! Mom still went nuts! (micky, notice how I don't bore people with paragraph after paragraph)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:47:15 -0500, Tekkie®

posted for all of us...

wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
[...]

The Ford/Mazda 3.something V6 motors blow plugs too . Had an 01 Mazda
Tribute Ford Escape blow one on the rear bank . I did some research , had
the son that works at NAPA pick up parts . Then I hit the machine shop to
make some guide bushings and other bits , drilled , tapped , and installed
the insert with the head still on the motor . I figger I saved myself about
2500 bucks , shops I called all wanted to replace the head ... I didn't
think it was all that bad - compared to replacing the clutch in a '62
Pontiac Tempest in a blizzard .
The problem is that these heads have a short threaded section in a deep
hole in the head , supposed to help start the plugs straight and prevent
crossthreading . Overtighten one just once and you're screwed , because
it'll be blowing out eventually .

--
Snag