Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall oven Natural Gas

The coil that ignites the flame has been replaced 3 times. So many times
that I now stock the item. But the problem I have now is with the flame
size...

Top burner - broiler - fine.
Bottom burner - very small flame. Takes forever to get to heat....

I suppose my next step is to take everything apart and look for some
regulator...perhaps replace? Probably just swap top and bottom so at
least I have an oven that works (bake but doesn't broil) (see: igniter)

mr. curious
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/26/2014 12:47 PM, ng_reader wrote:
The coil that ignites the flame has been replaced 3 times. So many times
that I now stock the item. But the problem I have now is with the flame
size...

Top burner - broiler - fine.
Bottom burner - very small flame. Takes forever to get to heat....

I'd guess the burner orifice is partially plugged...there's no
independent pressure regulator so if there's adequate to the broiler the
bake should have no problem in that regard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2014 1:47 PM, ng_reader wrote:
The coil that ignites the flame has been replaced 3 times. So many times
that I now stock the item. But the problem I have now is with the flame
size...

Top burner - broiler - fine.
Bottom burner - very small flame. Takes forever to get to heat....

I suppose my next step is to take everything apart and look for some
regulator...perhaps replace? Probably just swap top and bottom so at
least I have an oven that works (bake but doesn't broil) (see: igniter)

mr. curious

Bottom burner clogged or has some grease on it?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
On 10/26/2014 12:47 PM, ng_reader wrote:
The coil that ignites the flame has been replaced 3 times. So many
times that I now stock the item. But the problem I have now is with
the flame size...

Top burner - broiler - fine.
Bottom burner - very small flame. Takes forever to get to heat....

I'd guess the burner orifice is partially plugged...there's no
independent pressure regulator so if there's adequate to the broiler
the bake should have no problem in that regard.

I'd have to agree .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

snip

I'd guess the burner orifice is partially plugged...there's no
independent pressure regulator so if there's adequate to the broiler
the bake should have no problem in that regard.

Sounds like a plan. The gas connection is really only metal hovering
inside of metal. Similar to my outdoor gas grill. Could be that it's
just not centered correctly. If what I've read is accurate then that is
likely the case...

Posted to alt.home.repair

who says everything on the Internet is wrong?

Ok, well, I do.

Removed and cleaned out tip coming from line to burner. thought that I
got it, as clearly more air was able to pass thru after cleaning.

no difference. the burner is set to simmer, and i want it on full.

cheers future self
Posted to alt.home.repair

As a footnote, the 1/2 " gas orifice needed to be backed off. Made a
world of difference.

websearch this:

All Points 26-1780 Brass Hood Burner Orifice; #56; Natural Gas / Liquid
Propane; 3/8"-27 Thread; 1/2"

and you might get a better understanding