Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Worry free or full of worries

I think it's better to pay plumber instead of having this worry free I
mean full of worries plan. I paid for this plan for almost 8 months and
when called to fix the water heater . After making a call and place an
order a guy showed up and stated need some part and never showed up called
again they have no clue if I called them before so have to start all over
again . Another guy came shut off the water heater and broke the knob from
the pipe now in winters stuck with cold water !!!!!!! Full of
worries......contract waste of money an floss of peace.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:44:02 +0000, Bobby
wrote:

I think it's better to pay plumber instead of having this worry free I
mean full of worries plan. I paid for this plan for almost 8 months and
when called to fix the water heater . After making a call and place an
order a guy showed up and stated need some part and never showed up called
again they have no clue if I called them before so have to start all over
again . Another guy came shut off the water heater and broke the knob from
the pipe now in winters stuck with cold water !!!!!!! Full of
worries......contract waste of money an floss of peace.....

Any of us that have been here a while strongly recommend NOT getting
any of the home warranty policies. You see why. They use the
cheapest materials and have the worst tradesmen.

Tough way for you to learn this lesson.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

I think it's better to pay plumber instead of having this worry free I
mean full of worries plan. I paid for this plan for almost 8 months and
when called to fix the water heater . After making a call and place an
order a guy showed up and stated need some part and never showed up called
again they have no clue if I called them before so have to start all over
again . Another guy came shut off the water heater and broke the knob from
the pipe now in winters stuck with cold water !!!!!!! Full of
worries......contract waste of money an floss of peace.....

Any of us that have been here a while strongly recommend NOT getting
any of the home warranty policies. You see why. They use the
cheapest materials and have the worst tradesmen.

Tough way for you to learn this lesson.

I like your advice from before. Put the money in the bank; instead of
a home warranty. Me, I'd then spend the money and fix it myself. Or
pay a neighbor to fix it...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

I like your advice from before. Put the money in the bank; instead of

a home warranty. Me, I'd then spend the money and fix it myself. Or
pay a neighbor to fix it...

That is what I did when buying a house. If you look at most of them , they
don't cover very much for very long after you buy the house.

If you see enough wrong or cold go wrong with the house, pay less for the
house.

The last one I bought was about 20 years old. I thought the heat pump was
old enough to go out and the roof would need replacing soon,but factored
that in. Sure enough in 2 years the heat pump acted up and instead of
getting it repaired, I had a new one put in. It lasted long enough to be
out of the warrentied period. A warrenty would hajus patched up the old
one, and I think there may have a deductiable with it.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2014 2:53 PM, Oren wrote:

[snip]

Tough way for you to learn this lesson.

I like your advice from before. Put the money in the bank; instead
of a home warranty. Me, I'd then spend the money and fix it myself.
Or pay a neighbor to fix it...

This is true in many, many cases. Take auto insurance as a "fer
instance." Next time you're comparing policies and rates, calculate your
premiums with a low and high deductible.

Naturally, it varies based upon many factors but generally you'll find
that if you're as good a driver as you think you are, taking a high (the
highest you can opt for) deductible will pay for itself in the first
year. Take the money you save, bank it or just set it aside that first
year, and from then on out you do nothing but save money on your insurance.

I think it's more than just the insurance company looking at saving
those few dollars on a claim. When you opt for a high deductible, I
think it also tells them (and their actuaries) that you're a responsible
person and that since you have "skin in the game" you're likely to be
more prudent than somebody with a low deductible who, one would assume,
is thinking "Hey, I don't want to shell out anything big out of pocket
WHEN I have my accident." The high deductible guy is saying "IF I have
an accident, I got it covered, out of pocket; but I'm betting against
ever paying out a dime."

It's nothing more than a form of self insurance and the first dollars
paid out on any policy are typically the most expensive. That's why
it's really not cost prohibitive for you to carry a $1,000,000 umbrella
policy so long as you have decent underlying coverage.

Screw those home owner warranties.

Dryer receptacle worries [email protected] Home Repair 5 September 5th 06 12:06 AM
Wall Tie Worries Andy UK diy 8 May 17th 06 09:50 PM
Free - Mission DAC5 Full Differential Bitstream Converter Wayne Electronics Repair 1 October 16th 05 12:31 AM
uPVC worries Antony UK diy 6 August 12th 04 11:21 AM
Worktop worries... Bob UK diy 23 June 2nd 04 02:33 PM