Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home builder's nightmare

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...eighbors-land/

The URL gives a few hints as to the
article. With two survey companies
on the job, how could this happen?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Senior Member

Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when I screw something up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2014 11:26 AM, nestork wrote:
Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when
I screw something up.

Nothing like looking at this, to make me
feel better about my own troubles.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when
I screw something up.

Hi,
Right on! such thing happens when depending on technology too much,
not exercising common sense. How many folks ended up in a wrong place
blindly following GPS?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...eighbors-land/

The URL gives a few hints as to the
article. With two survey companies
on the job, how could this happen?

Hopefully they can work something reasonable out swapping lots or
whatever. Worst case moving a home a short distance isn't impossible nor
should it be outrageously expensive either. Sounds like the first
surveyor's insurance may be footing some of the bill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:57:02 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...eighbors-land/

The URL gives a few hints as to the
article. With two survey companies
on the job, how could this happen?

The comments are hilarious!

Here is a good one:

"Thanks for building me a free house, mail me the keys and do not
trespass on my land again.

Have a nice day "

chuckle
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2014 11:49 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
nestork wrote:
Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when
I screw something up.

Hi,
Right on! such thing happens when depending on technology too much,
not exercising common sense. How many folks ended up in a wrong place
blindly following GPS?

But a lot more have ended up in the wrong place because they didn't have
a GPS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2014 12:49 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
nestork wrote:
Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when
I screw something up.

Hi,
Right on! such thing happens when depending on technology too much,
not exercising common sense. How many folks ended up in a wrong place
blindly following GPS?

More than we wish to consider.
http://cl.jroo.me/z3/j/M/7/c/a.aaa.jpg

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2014 2:00 PM, Oren wrote:
The comments are hilarious!

Here is a good one:

"Thanks for building me a free house, mail me the keys and do not
trespass on my land again.

Have a nice day "

chuckle

Agree, that is priceless. I expect there will be
some embarassment involved.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...eighbors-land/

The URL gives a few hints as to the
article. With two survey companies
on the job, how could this happen?

Surveyors make mistakes because they assume things rather than starting
everything from zero.

That is one ugly "dream house".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"terrable" wrote in message

That is one ugly "dream house".

+1

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:46:09 -0400, "terrable"
wrote:

Surveyors make mistakes because they assume things rather than starting
everything from zero.

An acquaintance of mine working in Area 51, discovered bugs in target
acquisition - missing targets. It was software - not his pencil
calculations. He can't talk about it due to the nature of his work.
They did get the bugs fixed.

That is one ugly "dream house".

Should be a single story home on a beach, not as a big wind shear
area. I'll never have another multi-story home with stairs to climb.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:00:57 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

"terrable" wrote in message

That is one ugly "dream house".

+1

http://dancinginfaith.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/house-on-rock.jpg

And another:

https://tinyurl.com/ketjsnl
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:46:09 -0400, "terrable"
That is one ugly "dream house".

Should be a single story home on a beach, not as a big wind shear
area. I'll never have another multi-story home with stairs to climb.

If a house is built near the water it needs to be raised off the ground and
on posts so the water can go under it.

I almost bought into a time share at the beach. Friend just about had me
talked into it, then he said it was on the second floor and no elevator. To
make things worse, it was built on what looked like telephone poles about 15
or 20 feet tall so it was the equal of 3 floors. That killed the deal.

That will require stairs. I worked in a building that had 3 to 6 floors
depending on where you were . Each floor had two flights of 10 to 14 steps.
Thought when I moved from a single story house I would get away from stairs
except togo to a basement. Could not find a house like that but did find
one with a basement and a half floor upstairs. Two bedrooms and a bath.
Very seldom go up there unless the other bathroom is occupied as it is just
me and my wife now. The master bedroom is on the first floor as is the
laundry area.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 14:53:19 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I grew up around Pine Island, Florida stilt houses. You can't buy one
now due to regulations, a shame, some were fish houses to transport
fish from catch to market. Fishermen brought the catch, went back
fishing and another boat brought the catch to market.

Looked like:

https://tinyurl.com/qcglg4r

Or: https://tinyurl.com/lkdz729

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
nestork wrote:
Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when
I screw something up.

Hi,
Right on! such thing happens when depending on technology too much,
not exercising common sense. How many folks ended up in a wrong place
blindly following GPS?

Oh, how many times I've gone in circles. I was following my GM navigation
according to address. Everything was fine, then it said to the effect, your
on your own. I swear. I switched to the garmin.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

"terrable" wrote in message

That is one ugly "dream house".

+1

http://dancinginfaith.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/house-on-rock.jpg

And another:

https://tinyurl.com/ketjsnl

My area of the world has plenty of McMansions springing up, replacing
beautiful old houses. They're made more hideous by the huge fence that
invariably surrounds them, like the Huns are going to attack. But the
owners must think that they are attractive.