Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Seat "Bumpers"

Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

The, more or less, rectangular ones that have press-in studs on them.
The studs are about 1-1/4 apart.

Easy to find white ones, but not colored ones like I am trying to match.

Looked at HD and Lowes, Amazon, and did some Google searches.

Anybody know of any links to whoever might sell these colored ones ?

Thanks,
Bob

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 12:34:47 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

The, more or less, rectangular ones that have press-in studs on them.
The studs are about 1-1/4 apart.

Easy to find white ones, but not colored ones like I am trying to match.

Looked at HD and Lowes, Amazon, and did some Google searches.

Anybody know of any links to whoever might sell these colored ones ?

Thanks,
Bob

How about the seat manufacturer?

Is the seat nearing need for replacement? Get a nice Kohler slow
close.
---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:50:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 12:34:47 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

The, more or less, rectangular ones that have press-in studs on them.
The studs are about 1-1/4 apart.

Easy to find white ones, but not colored ones like I am trying to match.

Looked at HD and Lowes, Amazon, and did some Google searches.

Anybody know of any links to whoever might sell these colored ones ?

Thanks,
Bob

How about the seat manufacturer?

Is the seat nearing need for replacement? Get a nice Kohler slow
close.

Those slow closing are nice. Don't know how I lived without it.
But if the color must match, just use the same color with which you
paint the seat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message

Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

The, more or less, rectangular ones that have press-in studs on them.
The studs are about 1-1/4 apart.

Easy to find white ones, but not colored ones like I am trying to match.

Looked at HD and Lowes, Amazon, and did some Google searches.

Anybody know of any links to whoever might sell these colored ones ?

Amazon has some...brown, maroon, black...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?...d=14 12796197

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-10-08, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

If they came off once, they'll come off again. Also, never buy a 2
bumper seat. Four is always better.

Get a seat without such problems, get a Bemis. The commercial grade
seats have 4 bumpers on the seat and 4 bumpers on the lid, all cast
into the plastic, so they're never gonna come off. Ima old fat ass
and have replace far too many cheapo seats in my lifetime. I noticed
they put particular brand in our ultra modern crispy new local
hospital and they are super comfortable and quite sturdy, so I bought
one. I got one right! I figure this particular ass gasket will be
the last one I ever buy. Yes, they make commercial grade seats for
home toities.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-10-08, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

If they came off once, they'll come off again. Also, never buy a 2
bumper seat. Four is always better.

Get a seat without such problems, get a Bemis. The commercial grade
seats have 4 bumpers on the seat and 4 bumpers on the lid, all cast
into the plastic, so they're never gonna come off. Ima old fat ass

Ever thought of losing weight instead? Not only would it be easier on your
toilet seats; it will be easier on your health too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Vic Smith" wrote in message ...
[...]

Just leave the seat up. That way you don't have to bend down, lift the seat..... plus, you can start peeing when you first walk into the room if your aim is good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-10-09, Zaky Waky wrote:

Ever thought of losing weight instead?

Every time I sit down on my Bemis contoured seat.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob posted for all of us...

I may not have read all messages.

On 2014-10-08, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Am trying to find some replacemnt "Bumpers" for the underside of a
toilet seat.

If they came off once, they'll come off again. Also, never buy a 2
bumper seat. Four is always better.

Get a seat without such problems, get a Bemis. The commercial grade
seats have 4 bumpers on the seat and 4 bumpers on the lid, all cast
into the plastic, so they're never gonna come off. Ima old fat ass
and have replace far too many cheapo seats in my lifetime. I noticed
they put particular brand in our ultra modern crispy new local
hospital and they are super comfortable and quite sturdy, so I bought
one. I got one right! I figure this particular ass gasket will be
the last one I ever buy. Yes, they make commercial grade seats for
home toities.

nb

Man O' Man you described me to a tee. Have we ever met?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Bob

How about the seat manufacturer?

Is the seat nearing need for replacement? Get a nice Kohler slow
close.
---

SWMBO stopped crabbing about my leaving the toilet seat up.

(Why? I just switched over to ****ing in the bathroom sink.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia