Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fence Post Treatment

I would like to stake deer protection around Japanese maples with 2x2" stakes, using wire strands running through them.

(At this time of year bucks in the rut like to scrape their felt off on young trees, and doing so denude the small branches.)

My brother in Boulder CO sez this works well.

Is there a decent moisture treatment product, which does not poison the world, which I can use for the 12" which will be in the ground.

I am not fussy - nothing is perfect - just dont want to use penta products.

Thanks for your help!

Dwight Gibb

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dwight Gibb wrote:
I would like to stake deer protection around Japanese maples with
2x2" stakes, using wire strands running through them.

(At this time of year bucks in the rut like to scrape their felt off
on young trees, and doing so denude the small branches.)

My brother in Boulder CO sez this works well.

Is there a decent moisture treatment product, which does not poison
the world, which I can use for the 12" which will be in the ground.

I am not fussy - nothing is perfect - just dont want to use penta
products.

Thanks for your help!

Dwight Gibb

Mix plastic roof cement half/half with mineral spirits . Paint on heavy coat
, let dry . Plant post .

--
Snag

Digging fence post holes - auger or "post hole digger"? unknown[_3_] UK diy 32 April 28th 18 12:58 AM
Garden fence treatment EricP UK diy 10 August 23rd 08 05:18 PM
pre and post heat treatment for TIG welding Stuart & Kathryn Fields Metalworking 5 December 14th 07 03:42 PM
Powder post beetle treatment? Dan Bollinger Woodturning 5 May 22nd 06 06:04 AM
Wooden Fence Post Preventative Treatment? Wayne Whitney Home Repair 1 May 5th 05 02:12 PM