Posted to alt.home.repair

Default what's this type of pump called?

A low volume/low pressure pump that would be attached
to a water tank and feeding a handwashing faucet.

When the valve is closed the pump detects the blockage
(the higher pressure) and shuts down. When you open
the valve the pump kicks on and you get your
hands clean.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

In "Pico Rico" writes:

"on demand" pump? Check out Shurflow.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/2014 9:41 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"on demand" pump? Check out Shurflow.

"danny burstein" wrote in message
.com...
A low volume/low pressure pump that would be attached
to a water tank and feeding a handwashing faucet.

When the valve is closed the pump detects the blockage
(the higher pressure) and shuts down. When you open
the valve the pump kicks on and you get your
hands clean.

Thanks

A zillion years ago, my family went on vacation in
a rented RV. There was a pump much like this, to
pump water from the fresh water holding tank into
the sink, toilet, etc. It would be 12 volts, but
a RV supply place should have some thing.

Demand pump sounds right. I demand someone check
it out and post to the list! ;-)

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 9/23/2014 9:41 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"on demand" pump? Check out Shurflow.

"danny burstein" wrote in message
.com...
A low volume/low pressure pump that would be attached
to a water tank and feeding a handwashing faucet.

When the valve is closed the pump detects the blockage
(the higher pressure) and shuts down. When you open
the valve the pump kicks on and you get your
hands clean.

Thanks

A zillion years ago, my family went on vacation in
a rented RV. There was a pump much like this, to
pump water from the fresh water holding tank into
the sink, toilet, etc. It would be 12 volts, but
a RV supply place should have some thing.

Demand pump sounds right. I demand someone check
it out and post to the list! ;-)

are you saying my work needs to be checked?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/24/2014 8:23 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Demand pump sounds right. I demand someone check
it out and post to the list! ;-)

are you saying my work needs to be checked?!

I demand it to be checked, right away!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 9/24/2014 8:23 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Demand pump sounds right. I demand someone check
it out and post to the list! ;-)

are you saying my work needs to be checked?!

I demand it to be checked, right away!

Don't waste your time. Better to try to determine if these pumps will
handle anti-water.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny burstein View Post
A low volume/low pressure pump that would be attached
to a water tank and feeding a handwashing faucet.

When the valve is closed the pump detects the blockage
(the higher pressure) and shuts down. When you open
the valve the pump kicks on and you get your
hands clean.
Actually, I think what's being called an "On Demand Pump" in here is really just a pump with a built-in pressure switch. These kinds of pumps are common in spraying applications because all you need is a valve to remotely turn the pump on or off. Both Shur-Flo and Flo-Jet make these kinds of pumps in both 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC models, and I suggest the OP look at both companies offerings. Also, most places that sell spraying equipment will have a service department where they will repair these pumps for a service charge.

Both companies pumps are also used in floor and carpet cleaning equipment, and any places listed under "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies" that have service departments to repair the equipment they sell will also repair both Shur-Flo and Flo-Jet pumps.

I think the OP should be looking for a variable pressure pump since most spraying equipment and janitorial cleaning equipment operates at between 50 and 250 psi pressure. The kind of water pressure you get in a boat or airplane washroom to wash your hands is probably only about 10 or 15 psi, and I don't know why they set the pressure so low, but I expect it's to save water because in a plane at least, it's very expensive to carry that water in the plane instead of another passenger.

Last edited by nestork : September 24th 14 at 03:33 PM