Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.os.linux,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.freeware

Default How to make a stencil kit in software for a wooden 3-foot longbathroom pass for San Jose schools

A neighbor just landed a job teaching at the San Jose Union School
District (yes, in the bad side of town), where she asked me if I
could help her with a "bathroom pass" intended to be send a message.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5581/1...e78b112e_z.jpg

That pic is the raw material for the 3' by 3" by 3/4" bathroom
pass, which she asked me to label with her room number & the words:
ROOM B201 BATHROOM PASS

I bought a 3" yellow cardboard stencil kit to spray on the letters,
but the professional stencils are a tad too big to fit all the words.

I have a router, and some bits, which I haven't ever used (they were
a gift when I was in college, and college was many decades ago); but
I don't have a router table (so, it would likely be a disaster).

I guess I'm asking for suggestions.

One thing that might be nice would be Windows or Linux freeware to
create the characters in a size that I can print, experiment with,
and then, when I get the size right, I can then cut them out and
lay them on the board and spray paint on the letters.

Do you know of such stencil-kit freeware to size the letters?