Posted to alt.home.repair

Default They things you learn

....A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
....A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em
That video would't play on my laptop for some reason, so I provided an alternative...

Things made in Canada... from the World's best baseball bats to the worlds best racing bicycles...

13 Awesome Things You Didn't Know Were Made in Canada | Reader's Digest

Last edited by nestork : September 1st 14 at 07:41 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:38:01 +0200, nestork
wrote:

That video would't play on my laptop for some reason, so I provided an
alternative...

....because you have Win XP with and old web browser, that's why?!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/01/2014 11:15 AM, Oren wrote:
...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

Pretty funny stuff. Has a woman's guide in it too.

And, if you have no common sense and play this for
my wife AND you do not hear back from me again, well,
it was nice knowing you all
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 13:24:08 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/01/2014 11:15 AM, Oren wrote:
...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

Pretty funny stuff. Has a woman's guide in it too.

And, if you have no common sense and play this for
my wife AND you do not hear back from me again, well,
it was nice knowing you all

Hide the axis, er, the axes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/01/2014 11:38 AM, nestork wrote:

Things made in Canada... from the World's best baseball bats to the
worlds best racing bicycles...

'13 Awesome Things You Didn't Know Were Made in Canada | Reader's
Digest' (http://tinyurl.com/na26744)

Nestork,

Fascinating. Although, I never say a thing about the
difficulty that arises from living next to glaciers.

:-)
If you are from Canada, would you stop deporting your
sleazy businessmen to the States. If I have a Canadian
supplier based in Canada, no problem, honest as the day is
long. If they are Canadian, but have moved to the
States: OH HOLY ****! Doesn't take many guesses to
figure out why your deport them.

So please consider deporting them move to England or Australia
instead. They speak English there too. (Well, maybe
not so much in Australia.) I would say France, but the
French can't understand anything that comes out of a
French Canadian's mouth anyway. And the French might
get mad and stop exporting arrogance. :-)

-T

Senior Member

Well, really, the problem revolves around the fact that I'm on dial-up.

So, let's say I bought a new computer that used the latest Windows operating system and I had the latest version of Firefox or Chrome or Internet Explorer on my computer...

...it would still take me all day to upload a small video file at 2 to 3 kilobytes per second.

And, that's the reason I keep using my old Pentium 4 computers running XP and IE6. No point putting better running shoes on a turtle.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I would say France, but the French can't understand anything that comes out of a French Canadian's mouth anyway. And the French might
get mad and stop exporting arrogance. :-)
-T
Todd:

You're right about the French language thing. People in Quebec speak a considerably different dialect of French than the people in France. In fact, people in France call the French spoken in Quebec "Pig French", which is something the people in Quebec don't like to hear.

When I was in high school I had to take French from Grade 9 to Grade 12, and I was actually quite fluent in it until I graduated from high school and forgot all of it. But I still remember one kid in our class arguing that the Course should really be called "Pig French 304" instead of "French 304" because it was the Quebec version of French we were being taught. And, the teacher didn't like even engaging in that discussion.

You get the same thing in English. Someone speaking "English" in Australia sounds significantly different than someone speaking "English" in Scotland. Similarily, a Louisiana Cajun speaking English sounds completely different than someone speaking English in Boston. And all of them sound different than the "English" spoken in Pakistan or India.

PS: That word "Cajun" is derived from the word "Acadian". A long time ago, when the English conquered what is now the Maritime provinces of Canada, (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island) or "Acadia", the French speaking people living there were given the option of swearing allegiance to the King of England and learning English or moving to the French colony of Louisiana near the mouth of the Mississippi River. The French speaking Acadians that moved to Louisiana rather than swear allegiance to Britain were called "Acadians", which became "Cajuns" over the years, short for "Acadians".

Last edited by nestork : September 1st 14 at 11:05 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:39:54 +0200, nestork
wrote:

And, that's the reason I keep using my old Pentium 4 computers running
XP and IE6. No point putting better running shoes on a turtle.

I guess so. Every turtle has a pedigree.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/01/2014 01:31 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 13:24:08 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 09/01/2014 11:15 AM, Oren wrote:
...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

Pretty funny stuff. Has a woman's guide in it too.

And, if you have no common sense and play this for
my wife AND you do not hear back from me again, well,
it was nice knowing you all

Hide the axis, er, the axes.

Yes I did and yes I am still alive. She thought it was funny,
especially the Tiffany and Hair Dresser part.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:15:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

The guy lost all credibility with me when he said you want to move out
of the fun zone.

Fail
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:15:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

The scary part of the presentation was as some portions of the graph
were being explained old memories were being recalled. Fortunately I
didn't have any recollection for the dude section.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:17:10 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:15:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

The scary part of the presentation was as some portions of the graph
were being explained old memories were being recalled. Fortunately I
didn't have any recollection for the dude section.

Note this advice is for younger men. Knowing what we older guys know,
I'd still not want to be 18 again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:38:23 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:15:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

The guy lost all credibility with me when he said you want to move out
of the fun zone.

Fail

You aren't married? Another zone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:15:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

The scary part of the presentation was as some portions of the graph
were being explained old memories were being recalled. Fortunately I
didn't have any recollection for the dude section.

Note this advice is for younger men. Knowing what we older guys know,
I'd still not want to be 18 again.

Good or bad, we'll never have that option.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:15:13 -0700, Oren wrote:

...A Man's Guide...

Something you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&sns=em

The scary part of the presentation was as some portions of the graph
were being explained old memories were being recalled. Fortunately I
didn't have any recollection for the dude section.

Note this advice is for younger men. Knowing what we older guys know,
I'd still not want to be 18 again.

Good or bad, we'll never have that option.

....know wud I'm sayin'?