Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 18 v Lithium battery

Are all 18 v Li batteries interchangeable with certain tool products? I have a Worx trimmer and edger that takes such a battery. I realize they eventually will lose their power or so I was told, after so many recharges. Out of curiosity, I checked with the company and they are charging a ridiculous amount for the replacement. For a few dollars more I can buy another edger of theirs, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have. Recently, I saw an ad for a cordless drill that comes with a 18 v Li battery selling for half the price of what just the battery would cost with Worx. I just as soon as buy 'another drill', just as to benefit from the battery, but I do not know if they are interchangeable.